"Aww Lou, come 'ere." Liam says wrapping Louis in a warm embrace, careful of his injuries. "I know it's gonna take time to heal and it's gonna be hard, but I'll always be there for you. No matter what." Liam tells him sincerely, landing a light kiss on his head.

"I love you."

"I love you too. I just miss mum so much. I wish she was here."

"Yeah, I know, me too." Liam sighs.

"Do you think she's watching over us?" Louis asks in a light voice, his head on Liam's shoulder.

"Mhm." Liam nods, he didn't even realise he was falling asleep.

"She told me she'll always be with me, in my heart." Louis says and let's a tear slip from his eye. Liam wipes it with him thumb and kisses Louis' cheek softly, "Yeah, she'll always be with us."

Louis rests his head on Liam's shoulder and closes his eyes, hoping he would fall asleep. Liam starts humming a song that their mother sang for them when they were little and when they couldn't sleep. Even though Louis can't remember the song, he can never forget the tune of it and that's enough for him to lull him into a deep sleep.

_._._._._

"How's he?" Harry asks Liam the next day.

"He's fine. Had a little meltdown yesterday but nothing I can't handle." Liam tells him.

Harry nods his head. There's still an awkward tension in the air between them.

"Zayn's at the office, getting some work done." Harry informs Liam, trying to start some sort of conversation.

"I know. He called." Liam says. Then there's a silence. They're just staring at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Fuck the small talk." Harry shakes his head. "Liam, I wanted to talk to you. About yesterday."

"Harry it's fine. I shouldn't have lashed out on you."

"Yeah but I definately did not do the right thing on my part either and I'm sorry. We were having a silly little fight and it could've cost us Louis." Harry says sincerely.

Harry hugs Liam and Liam returns the hug.

"Aww look at you too." Zayn startles them.

"I thought you were at the office?" Harry asks.

"I was. I came by to say hi." Zayn tells them.

"Please don't tell me, you took a picture of that too." Harry asks shaking his head.

"Oh you bet!" Zayn smirks.

"Good morning everyone!" Niall chirps, making his way to Louis' side.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Liam asks Niall.

"Yeah but I just can't focus without Louis being there. I miss him. And besides I'm stuck with Amelia. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but she just doesn't measure up to Louis." Niall explains.

"So you took the day off?" Harry asks.

"Nope, I ditc-" Niall almost slips.

"I meant yeah, I took the day off." He nods his head. "And besides look what I brought!?" Niall exclaims. He opens his bag to reveal two video game consoles.

"I figured Louis would be staying here for a while and he must be getting bored. So, what better way to kill it, the time of course, by playing some video games?" Niall raises his eyebrows to convince them.

"Oh my god, that's great! Niall you're a genius." Zayn exclaims.

"Yeah, he's just happy he'll get to play with it." Harry teases.