Chapter 17

The next day I woke up on Nate's chest. He smiles at me as he sets his notepad down on the nightstand. "I'm taking a shower want to join?" I smile as he grabs my hand, turning the shower on we get in.

After an hour we got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and hair, going over and putting my clothes in his closet and drawers. "It's like your moving in." I look behind me to see him wearing boxers. I smile, "I can't legally move in until I'm 18." He smiles, "Your birthday is in a week." "Yeah but I'm turning 17." I put on some underwear and a bra. "Well that's one year closer to 18."

I shake my head, dressing in a long sleeve shirt with some blue pants and combat boots. I then brush my hair and walk down to the kitchen. "Wow it is noon already?" I ask coming into the kitchen where he was cooking. "Yeah." He sets some grilled cheese in front of us. I start eating it in silence. "We should visit Mike before we go to my house." He nods as we finish eating. I do the dishes then walk out going to his house and knocking on the door loudly.

"Mike!!!" I yell, still nothing. I try the door nob, it was unlocked so I went in, Nate behind me. Mike was passed out on the couch, it smelled heavily like alcohol. I go over to him and shake him awake. He groand. "Mike wake up you dummy!" He sits up, throwing a punch but I block it. When he sees me he scowls. "Come on the ceremony is in an hour. Go take a shower you stink. I'll cook some food."

He grumbles and walks upstairs. I turn to Nate he shrugs as he picks up empty bottles of alcohol. I go to his kitchen and cook him some soup. He comes down half an hour later. I sit down as Nate does to, thrown away all his things. "What do you think it is?" I ask to no one. "It could be anything." Nate says, "Shut up both of you." "What made you like this. A drunk Mike? What did you do in the games that is so bad you drink every night." He doesn't answer as he finishes his food, "That's what I thought Because I know you were in the second Quarter Quell I just don't know what you did."

He gets up, "We aren't that close Hun so you don't have to worry about it." I roll my eyes as we walk to my house. I open the door, Mike shuts it behind him. We walk into the living room where everyone is. "5 minutes." Nat said. I stood next to the couch Nate pulled me close to him. It was the longest time of my life. The screen then turned on showing President Connely.

My father who was next to me grabbed my hand. It showed him grabbing a letter of many that was named 3rd Quarter Quell. He then went to the microphone, clearing his voice as he opened it. "And for the 3rd Quarter Quell...." He trails off.

The remaining live victors from all cities must have theire name recalled, if such doesn't have both a male and female victors along with a mentor, then 2 names shall be called of each gender.

My heart stopped. I was going to go back in the Games, with Mike or Nate.

My knees felt weak as I fell to the ground, Nate stood standing in shock. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" There was a loud scream, the whole City could hear. I got up and ran out of the house, as I made my way out people were out of there houses hearing me scream. They all stared as I ran by. I dropped on the outskirts of the city behind an abandoned building.

I started to sob and cry, tears were streaming down my face as my world came crashing down once again. Just a year ago I survived now I was going against other victors times 2. There was no way I was going to make it out alive again. I would die in the Games this time.

I stayed out side in the cold until dark. I heard people shouting my name, trying to find me. They weren't going to, my tears were long gone, all I felt was emptiness inside. Soon the yelling stopped, everything grew dark, I was freezing, shivering even but I didn't have the will to move. I was soon frozen to the bone, my stiff muscles forced me to move as I quietly made my way to Nate's house.