Chapter 11

When I woke up I knew it was nighttime. The sleeping bag was around me and I felt Nate next to me. I opened my eyes and saw Nate eating some nuts. "I slept to long." "You slept as much as you should have." I rolled my eyes. "Thanks."

"No problem." I smiled at him and ate a chicken. I then drank some water. "No deaths." "Something's bound to happen soon." He nods. We sit for a while, "Tell me about something." I asked him. He looks down at me. "Like what?" He asks, I shrug my shoulders. "At the interview what seemed like years ago, you said you have liked me since what 12 years old?" He nods. "When was the first time you realized you liked me?"

"That would be on a spring day, we had school and it was almost the weekend. We were all outside and I was with my friends. You were with your friend. Then one of my friends went up to a person in our grade and pushed him to the floor in front of you because he liked you. He talked about you everyday. Though you didn't know him." I nod remembering the day.

"And I pushed him." He nods laughing. "Yes you did. Then you screamed at him, to pick on someone his own size." I nod, "He was from the better side of the town. The boy he pushed was skinny, and dirtier then usual meaning he was from the bad side of town." He nods. "Yeah, I think the reason why I was so attracted to you, and still am, is because, even if you were smaller then him, you knew who's side to be on." I smile and blush while looking down. He chuckles makes me look back at him.

"When did you first realized I existed?" He asked me. "When I saw you with a lot of girls around you." "Be careful there Ms. Brown you almost sound jealous." "Me, Mr. Black is never jealous of anyone." He nods slowly not believing me. "Mhmm." I laugh at him. "How while you were with the Carriers did you ever, ya know..." "Killed someone?" He says cutting me off. I nod biting my lip.

"Yeah 2. How about you?" He asks I look down and clear my throat. "Yeah." "How many?" He asks I shake my head. He puts his hand under my chin and makes me look at him. "How many Nova?" He asks in a gentle voice. "You'll still love me? You won't think I'm a monster?" His eyes widen, "N-no of course not."

"Ok well uh, for a while I was allies with Raven, the girl from 11. On out first night we got attacked by both from 5 and the boy from 9. I killed them. Then uh, the day she died I killed Maxwell and Janny. Maxwell killed 2 people from the boy from 10 and the boy from 13, while Janny attacked me. I was angry and upset, so I instantly with put blinking shot her in the head with an arrow. Then I shot Maxwell in the leg, abdomen and neck." His eyes widen.

I couldn't look at him after I said this. "Nova...." I shake my head, "I killed innocent people Nate, 5 people." My hands were on my face, hiding it from him and the cameras. "Nova look at me please." I shake my head, "I can't. I can't." I whisper. "Nova....." His voice trailed off, it sounded broken, soft, passionate, this is what made me look at him.

He moved his right hand to my cheek and wiped the unfallen tears, then his other hand gripped my hip and this made me swing my right leg over his lap so I was straddling him. "Don't think about them then, you had to do what you did to survive." "I can't they're in my dreams Nate. I can't stop it, and I can't get rid of them." I look into his blue eyes, it was like I could see his soul in them.

I felt like I was swimming in a pond, or lake. I reached the bottom but I couldn't come back up. I felt like I was drowning, but I didn't want it to stop. I didn't want to leave them. My mother told me once that the eyes are the passage ways to the soul. I could see his soul, it was pure, kind, loving, passionate and so many other things.

I finally was ripped from his soul when I heard him talking, his voice quiet and soft. "I get them to Nova. But listen to me when I say this," "I'm not leaving you, so when you get them and when we leave this we will be living next to each other. So when you wake up, I'll be there to comfort you. When you scream because you see them, I'll be there to help you. When you wake up, I'll make sure your ok. I'm not leaving you, I won't ever leave you. You mean the world to me and without you, my life would never be complete."