sixty-six.

he had me go cold turkey, made me flush my cigarettes, and had been spending more time with me since then. maybe it was to make sure i didn't smoke or maybe he just genuinely liked spending time with me, but he came with me to work.

miles was helping me stack cds, kissing me every few shelves, his lips lingering on mine when he, and i quote, 'wanted to taste my lip balm.'

we'd made a game of it, off guard kisses, making sure my coworkers didn't see in fear of being reprimanded.

and when we'd gotten to the 1975, he started humming, wrapping me in his arms as if it were the most casual thing to do. and he kissed my cheek, "do you know how much i love you?"

i couldn't help but smile at the teasing tone he'd used, "yeah? what do you want, miles?"

i felt him shrug as he picked up a misplaced twenty one pilots album, and turned around to place it in its rightful section, "... nothing."

and that sparked my interest, "you hesitated."

he chuckled at the worry in my voice, putting me at ease, "really, nothing."

"miles..."

i heard him sigh, scratching at his wrists like always. and then, for the first time, i'd heard him stutter, "it's nothing, just... i wanted to know if- are we... um, are we ya know, a thing?"

"you mean as in dating?" i bit my lip, miles and i were always 'a thing', we just never classified what our thing was.

and then he smiled, "as in will you be my amazing, talented, extremely-hot girlfriend?"

humming, i pretended to think about it. and i watched as he nervously smiled at me, "as long as you're my amazing, talented, extremely-hot boyfriend."

i watched as the smile lit up his face and his eyes glanced down at my hand, his coming to rest his fingers between the slots.

i didn't expect the chaste kiss on my lips as he spoke, his gliding across mine, i'd felt his smile that he was unable to contain, "i'm not all that talented but you've got yourself a deal."