fifty-seven.

"georgie, you're being unreasonable!"

we had been arguing, again.

"just don't right now. i don't want to hear you of all people say that i'm fucking up my life!" i was screaming at him, he was trying to calm me down as we stood on top of the rooftop, bone-straight hair whipping me in the wind as we argued angrily. my throat was starting to hurt from the pure anger i was spewing and the way my bones clenched. i was livid.

i couldn't even recall what we were fighting about but our fight seemed to be like his favorite color; white, it was everything and nothing. maybe it was all the pent up aggression... or maybe things just weren't working out.

"you left! and you knew, you fucking knew how much you meant to me- how much you still mean to me! i was alone and stressed and you didn't care-"

"i left so i could fix myself and dammit, i tried! i tried to fix myself but," he was running his hands through his hair, glancing at me and then away, i was sure that everyone below us could hear and he didn't care. miles gritted his teeth, seemingly angry with himself, "i can't do it without you."

this confused me as i spat out a "why?"

but what he said next confused me more than the theory of evolution.

miles was more confusing than the theory of evolution.

"i love you, georgia."