sixty-four.

"i'm not complaining but... you've kissed me an awful lot today?"

he'd been getting better since that night on the roof, he'd been eating more frequently, going out in the sun which evidently caused his skin to lose that pale glow, enjoying the last few days of heat before we were hit with cold.

what stunned me was the fact that he'd been smoking less and he'd been more affectionate, even as we walked down the street, kisses and hand holding a given. his lips made contact with my forehead as he smiled at me, his warm black sweater that i'd recently bought him, letting only his fingers peek out as he brushed a strand of hair away from my eyes.

miles smiled, a small smile that reached his eyes, "i can't help it, you're just so fucking cute."

my nose wrinkled as he exhaled smoke away from me, "you're cuter..."

"impossib-" he was shocked when my fingers intertwined with his as i pulled the cigarette out his mouth and took a drag myself, my head was pounding with a headache i'd woken up to, allergy season on its way.

and the ease in his stance disintegrated as he looked at me worriedly, "georgie... wait- what're you doing? put that out."

my eyes widened as he 'reprimanded' me.

he reached for my hand as i pulled it away slightly, eyebrows raising as he lot out a raspy sigh, "what the hell are you doing?" and then he was reaching for my pockets as if to search for something, his hand patting over the box of newport. i watched as he frowned but still gave me the option of giving them up myself. miles held his hand out, "give me the damn cigarettes before you get addicted to that shit."

i'm only addicted to you.