fifty-eight.

it was silent as i processed his words, an empty laugh escaping.

my first instinct was to disagree.

someone so poetically broken and tremendously beautiful had just confessed that he loved me. there was no way in hell that miles could love me.

"don't play with my emotions, miles..."

but he was shaking his head and he was staring into my eyes. his fingers were tangling in my hair as he pulled me closer, his forehead resting on mine, "i love you. i love you, i love you, i love you... and because of that, i can't function properly without you."

he tried to lace his fingers through mine as i stepped away, trying to clear my head.

i couldn't stop thinking, my mind racing at 100 miles per hour as i stood with this brown haired boy on his- our rooftop.

he must've taken my hesitation as rejection as he squeezed his eyes shut.

his hands were clenched at his sides as he turned away, his focus on the setting sun clouded by buildings. his arms were out as he clamped his long, lean, ringed-fingers around the bar.

and even distressed, he looked perfect.

"do you... you don't have to say it back if you don't feel the-"

and my lips were by his ear in a second, my arms lacing around his waist as his hands clipped on the bars released slowly. i watched as he exhaled.

and i whispered into his ear, the words that caused his body to fall slack against mine. his knuckles returning from that ashen white, his angular jaw relaxing and perfect heart shaped lips relieving themselves of the grimace that seemed permanently implanted on his face, "shut up, of course i fucking love you."