35. Maybe There Is Hope

Start from the beginning

"Spitfire, what the hell happened?"

"I don't know all the details; I just know it involves Craig. Jaxon is so out of it; I'm scared for him."

"Where is he?" I look around and do not see him. "He's on the second floor, come on." She grabs my hand and guides us to the second floor and as soon as I spot Jax I let go of Stace's hand reluctantly and pull Jax into a hug. He clings to my shirt and breaks down.

"I can't lose him Chris...I just can't" I rub his back as I see Stace wipe her eyes as she comes up to us and hugs us and then I feel Ben hug us as well.

"He's a fighter Jax you know he is too damn stubborn to not put up a fight."

He lets out a pained chuckle and we all release from the hug. He explains to us what happened, and I wish that bastard got to suffer like Jax and Lucas did. We all sit and wait for what seems like forever. Spitfire goes to sit beside me, and I pull her onto my lap. I know it was a bold move, but I need her right now. When she snuggles into me, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Spitfire." When she looks up into my eyes my heartbeats faster. She shakes her head and I frown.

"We can talk about everything later, okay Chris." I nod my head but then Jax jumps up and stares at us. His whole body is shaking, and I don't know if he wants to hit me or cry.

"Stace, I love you but talk this shit out with Chris. If this day has taught me anything, hold onto the person you love b-because something might h-happen to them. You might regret it later on." She nods her head, gets up and whispers something into his ear and hugs him tight.

When the doors open and a doctor walks out, we forget about everything else in that single moment. Jaxon goes to speak to the doctor and then comes back, falls to his knees and breaks down in sobs.

This can't be happening. I start crying, I just lost my best friend and Jax lost the man he loves.

That is until he lets out a shaky breath. "He's going to be okay. My Lucas made it out of surgery just fine." We all rush to Jax and hug him and cry out in relief, much like his sister was the light in his life, Lucas means a lot to more people than he thinks.

"I'm going to go be with him. I will let you know how he is later okay."

We pull away and I pat him on his back. "Let me know if you need anything." He pulls me into a hug. "I will," he whispers in my ear." Do whatever it takes to get her back if you truly love her. Because that is what I will do for my man."

I nod my head, "I will, she has my heart." I look back at her and give her a small smile while she rolls her eyes.

What the hell did I do now?

"Chris, let go of him so he can be with Lucas." I feel my cheeks heat up and I hear her giggle and Jax chuckle.

"Right."

Stacy pulls him into a hug and then he runs off after he looks at us one last time. Stacy walks past me, and I have a confused look on my face until she talks to the boys. They nod their heads and wave at me before she walks back to me.

"Stace I..." she puts a finger to my lips and shakes her head.

"Say my name Chris."

"Stacy."

"No, you idiot." I cock an eyebrow at her, and she just stares at me.

"Spitfire" she smiles and presses her lips to mine. I pull her closer to me, not wanting to let her go. When she pulls away I almost whimper because it's been weeks since I have felt her touch and I am damn addicted to her.

"I'm sorry my love." I run my knuckles down her cheek. She sighs as she hugs me tightly and lays her head on my chest.

"I know my jackass. Come on, let's go home."

"You want me to come home with you?" I ask because I am a little shocked. She giggles and I am so happy to hear that sound again.

"Yes dork. We have things we need to talk about. Like everything that happened."

I know it won't be easy but when she grabs my hand and gives me a small smile it gives me hope that things might be alright.

*****************************

A/N: Thank you everyone for your patience on a new chapter. I swear when it rains it pours, we have been having bad weather lately and my internet has not been the greatest.

Stacy: "Likely excuse Lexi." rolls eyes

Lexi: "Okay miss attitude would you like me to make you end up with Dominic or some other bastard?"

Stacy, & Chris: "NO!!!"

Lexi: "That's what I thought." Smirks and giggles. Like I would really do that, but Stacy does not need to know that haha! I know I am evil sometimes.

Chris: "I swear sometimes you do not know how to control that mouth of yours Spitfire."

Stacy: "You really want to start another fight with me, mister."

Chris: "Don't be so dramatic"

Stacy: Mouth drops open. "Dramatic! I'll show you something dramatic."

Lexi: Slowly walks away, "I honestly had nothing to do with that, I swear."

Chris: "Damn it woman! You drive me insane."

Lexi: Looks back and sees Chris pulling Stacy flush to his chest. Oh boy, that man can make anything look hot.

Chris: "I think I would be the one showing you something that will make you scream once I shove it in your pu..."

Stacy: blushes and pupils dilate. "Promise"

Chris: "Bet your sweet ass I will.

Stacy: "Bye Lexi! We are going to go have sex now!"

Chris laughs as he picks Stacy up and I just shake my head. Now I need to go smack my husband upside the head. Because he needs to be more like my characters in some aspects. Haha!

Until next time

💞Lexi💞