"Easy does it," he said, leading me towards his car and helping me into the passenger seat.

Then, once he was sure I was in, he closed the door, rounded the vehicle, and climbed into the driver's side.

"What's for breakfast?" I grumbled as the car started to move.

"Maccas. Breakfast of champions."

"No... that's definitely some brand that uses that slogan... and if my head wasn't so foggy I'd be able to tell you it."

"Considering I'm the only reliable one right now, we're going to say I win this argument."

"That's not how—"

"Shhhh," he grinned my way before turning his attention to the road.

As I also looked forward at the car, blinking at my surroundings, I finally actually had a thought pop to my mind—one that wasn't the stirring memories of the train tracks. "When did you start your shift?"

"Not long after I picked you up from the party. I work from midnight to seven, every second Saturday. It's good money alongside uni," he said with a shrug.

"What are you studying?" I asked, feeling obligated to ask a little bit about him considering he was shouting me a meal and kind of saved me from becoming roadkill.

The corners of his lips turned up, but the light wasn't in his eyes as he responded with, "Engineering."

"Ah," I said, adding sarcastically onto the end, "Must make your parents proud."

"Yup," he said, though his hands clenched tightly on the wheel. "But I'm far too tired to talk about that, so let's not."

Then my brows knotted together. "Shouldn't you be heading home to sleep?"

He shrugged. "I still have to eat."

"Yeah but—"

"Lexi... You fainted on the road in front of me. I'm making sure you get something into your system in the hopes it doesn't happen again this morning, even if this food isn't too nutritious. You won't let me take you to a doctor so—"

"But... When did you last sleep?"

Smirking, he said, "I had a nap before I took you guys to the party."

"You must be wrecked," I replied, leaning against the window of the car, enjoying the feeling of the cool class against my forehead.

"You look worse."

"Two insults in one day. So kind of you Noah."

"I didn't mean—"

I waved my hand at him as I closed my eyes, corners of my mouth turning up. "Don't sweat it."

We drove in silence for a little longer, me with my eyes shut the whole time. But as the vehicle came to a slow crawl and the window wound down, I finally flickered my eyes open to see we were approaching the drive thru.

"Any requests?" he asked.

"Bacon and Egg McMuffin and a hashbrown."

He nodded, pulling up to the speaker. He placed an order for me—with an added juice—then one for him, and next we knew we pulled up in the carpark and were unwrapping out breakfast.

To my dismay, Noah was right. Food was certainly something I needed. I only had two drinks the night before, but I also hadn't partied much in the past six months, so it was a bit of a shock to the system. The alcohol, tied with a lack of food, mixed with little sleep, on top of being frazzled and running... yeah, it's no wonder I fainted.