Ch- 55, The True Punishment

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Pati Babu didn't slap me!" Bondita smiled with tears.
"Neither will he ever do, I know!"

Anirudh couldn't help but smile at his wife, tearfully.

How could she love him so much? How could she trust him even after he broke her trust?!

"But what he did as an act, was rather a slap to a woman's soul if it had been true! Not just physical abuse is wrong, but Mental abuse is even worse, Kaka Sasurji!" She said, making everyone look at her with admiration.

"Making a woman feel useless, making her feel like a mere particle of sand in front of men... infront of her husband, is equal to mentally traumatizing her! It is equal to cutting off a bird's wings, making her drop to the ground instantly and then never being able to fly again!" She cried, feeling ached for the women who actually faced it.

"That's all I have to say, Kaka Sasurji!" She said and stood up, wiping her tears.
"I don't want you to apologize more, because I won't be able to forgive. Rather, I would want you to do something." She said.

Trilochan Babu instantly stood up, eagerly ready to do anything to earn back his Bahu's trust and forgiveness.

"Tell me Bahu, what do you want me to do?!" He asked her, smiling with hope.

Bondita breathed a sigh, and glanced at her Pati Babu before speaking.

"Kaka Sasurji, I want you to try to change yourself, to change your thoughts after today." She said.
"If you promise that you'll stand for all Bahus and daughters from now onwards, I would surely forgive you for everything!.... Not so soon maybe, but I surely will!"

Trilochan babu looked at her with surprised eyes. His Bahu was truly a goddess.

Anirudh felt his heart could explode with pride as his smile grew wider than his jaw.

"Kaka Sasurji, you're a famous Zamindaar! You have so much power in your hands, so much influence in your words. I want you to use them, just in the right place! You need to enlighten all the men with whatever you learnt from this mistake of yours! Only then, will this mistake never be repeated by some other Father- in - law or husband!" She said and smiled at him.

"I... I agree, Bahu!........What I've learnt today, won't just stay with me. I promise to enlighten others if I ever can!" He said.
"I Have to do this, for my Duti's better future, atleast! But I promise, I'll try to stand for women, if I ever come across such a case!" Kaka Promised.

Anirudh just raised his hands, clapping for his wife, proudly as Batuk and Binoy also joined him.

"Bahu!" Shubra Maa exclaimed, wiping her tears and ran to hug Bondita tightly.

"Even I was wrong Bahu! Lochan Da had told me about what he was feeling, but I never stood up against him. I never told him that he was wrong. Infact, I just kept agreeing to him and kept my mouth shut!" Shubra Maa cried, hugging her Bahu.

She broke the hug with Bondita and held her hands lovingly.

"But now, I've understood! Now I won't ever keep quite. I'll speak up my mind in front of men!" She said and stopped for a moment.
"I mean... I'll try! I've been raised this way, so it's tough to change myself at such an age." She said and everyone smiled.

Bondita wiped her tears and touching her cheeks with love, she said, "It's okay Maa! You just teach Rudhi the right values now. That'd be enough!"

Shubra Maa nodded and hugged her Bahu tightly.

Bondita, soon after breaking the hug, turned around back to her Kaka Sasurji.

"Kaka Sasurji, I still want something from you!" She said with a smile.

"What Bahu?!" He asked instantly, smiling brightly.
"Even if you ask for my life, I can give to you now!"

"No, Kaka Sasurji! I don't need that!" She laughed and held his hand.
"I just want a wish from you. You need to grant me a wish, Kaka Sasurji!"

Trilochan kaka looked at her with a confused smile as his bahu smiled back at him.

"I didn't understand, Bahu...." He said, not able to understand what she wanted.

"Offo Kaka Sasurji!!" She said, hitting her own forehead with her palm.
"Just the way Raja Dashrath granted two boons to his wife, Mata Kaikeyi. You grant just one to your Bahu!" She said and Kaka just shook his head with a smile.

"Okay, Bahu!" Kaka said.
"Anything you want, would be yours! I promise whatever you'll ask me, will be yours!"

"Thankyou! I'll ask for it when the right time comes!" She said, clutching his hand happily.
"Don't worry, I won't ask you to send any of your son for Vanvas!" She smiled, making everyone laugh again.

"Finally! Everything's fine mow!" Binoy Babu remarked happily.

Anirudh instantly looked at his wife and said with tears in his eyes, "Everything isn't completely well, yet!" He said, tears trickling down his eyes.

"There are still apologies that wait to be asked for! There are still hearts that need to be mended." He said.

That's all for this chapter!❤️ Hope you all like this!❤️

Please don't forget to vote and Comment!💕

Your love is really inspiring and encouraging for me!🥺💕😍

Love u all😘

Love, Author!❤️

....