37: confirmation comes with confidence

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

LEE MINHO.

"Hey." Jisung manages to get out, rather obviously short of breath as if he's just sprinted to the front door.

"Hey." I respond calmly, hoping that if I appear to be unaffected by this whole ordeal he'll feel less nervous.

I don't think it works.

He takes me softly by the hand and leads me into the living room where Felix and Changbin sit on the couch. At this point, I'm never surprised to see those two when I'm with my boyfriend - it's essentially a package deal.

"I'm assuming this about the news, hm?" I speak into the silence that settles over us.

Jisung simply nods, biting his lip. I pull his hands from the hem of his shirt, encasing them with my own until they stop shaking.

"Well..." I begin nervously, "What if we just told them the truth?"

He stares up at me in shock and I wonder whether that was the wrong approach.

Maybe he doesn't want the world to know about us.

My eyes snap back in his direction the second I hear a choked sob, and I pull him into my chest on instinct as he begins to cry softly into my shirt.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask, the pet name slipping out accidentally.

"I...I love you." He whispers, so softly I think I must've misheard, until I lean in closer and he whispers again, "I wish I could've said that to you first as myself, rather than that stupid character."

Just as I'm about to kiss him on the forehead, the slam of a car door echoes in the distance and I hesitate?

"Were you guys expecting anyone else...?"

He finally raises his head to meet my eyes again, shaking his head with confusion. I look towards his best friends, yet they both have the same reaction as well.

That's odd. It sounded as if it was right outsi-

"OH MY GOD JI, IT'S THEM!"

"Fuck." My boyfriend states, running his hands through his hair in an exasperated manner.

Before I have time to enquire who they happen to be, my questions are answered immediately as I hear a series of sharp raps on the door and people bickering in hushed voices, along with the clanking of equipment brushing against one another.

"Looks like they finished their lunch break." Changbin states grimly, and I nod curtly in response.

"I guess...now's your chance? Maybe they'll leave you alone once they've got an answer?" Felix suggests, and I look nervously towards Jisung. I'm still not entirely sure what his sudden confession was about, nor whether he knew I heard him say it.

"Minho?"

My attention immediately hones in on the boy in front of me, blocking out every other distraction.