25: holiday week

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

HAN JISUNG.

"Chan?" I ask tentatively as he hums along to the radio.

"Mm, what's up?"

"This feels weird. Y'know, not taking the highway exit towards the company."

He looks towards me briefly with a look of curiosity; probably due to me sounding so reminiscent over an activity I complain to him about every morning.

Jinki gifted us a week's break from filming, finally. I get an entire week to myself without worrying about the antics of Lee Minho, or the paparazzi or anyone for that matter since I've gone fully undercover.

I'm dressed the shabbiest I think I've ever been, with tousled hair that hides my bare face - but for some reason I feel oddly comforted by the fact that absolutely no one would recognize me.

After much persuasion, Chan finally agreed to pick me up and get us McDonald's. I love when chan takes me on a drive, just us two. Aside from being my closest friend, he really is like a treasure trove of advice and comfort and genuine happiness.

Chan will forever be my safe place.

I smile at him sheepishly as he continues to look back at me every five seconds in confusion, as if to check whether I've acquired a sudden concussion.

"Strange isn't it? I never considered I might miss filming until I'm away from it. And it's only been a day..." I trail off again, laughing in disbelief at my own words.

Me? Missing filming? Why on earth would I miss-

"Do you think it has anything to do with the people there?" Chan responds finally, raising an eyebrow at me suggestively.

"Minho? Why would I miss the biggest bitch on the planet? You know, just because we had to kiss each other does not mean I find him attractive okay? Like okay unfortunately I can't call him ugly because he's the second lead in a drama so they wouldn't pick someone ugly but he's not-"

I cut off my own rambling with a look of pure confusion at Chan; who's hunched over the steering wheel giggling.

"What's so funny?" I snap.

"I never mentioned Minho. I was insinuating that you might miss your best friends but... the fact that your "enemy" was the first person you thought of on the topic of missing people contradicts everything you just said." He manages to get out between breaths, giggling again at my expression.

"Ha- you- you look- like sur-surprised pikachu!" He wheezes obnoxiously.

"It's really not that funny." I deadpan, though I can feel my face heating up.

I hate you.

"Oh but it isss ~ " He teases back, and I sigh exasperatedly, trying to remember why I was so happy to hang out with him today.

Even after we continue to banter, his words unfortunately aren't empty - all I can seem to think about is Lee goddamn Minho. What is wrong with me?