Special Chapter: The Squad, and How It Came to Be Pt. 3

Part 3: Yunho (11 years ago; Class 3-1, junior high)

Fun Fact: Yunho is actually the oldest in this group of friends... And you're the youngest.

The class of Class 3-1 went on as usual, noisy and full of students talking about just about anything. You'd think they would be more quiet and would be talking about geometry or something like that, but in reality, they're students, too. And you bet, several of them actually love to gossip... and one or two are bound to be bullies.

The sound of chairs screeching and falling to the ground catch the attention of the students in the classroom, and they turn to it to see the new Class 1 entry, Jang Yunho, on the ground, a scared look on his face as the class bully, Byun Jinpyo, stands over him, his two "henchmen" standing at his side as he looks down on his newfound victim.

"Yah..." the bully says threateningly. "Aish, this is what's so hard about rich kids. They always think they're better than us." Jinpyo looks away while letting out a sarcastic laugh, before he suddenly turns back to Yunho with a booming voice. "Yah!"

Yunho flinches, and he instinctively holds his hands above his head protectively while preparing for any attack.

"Where's the money I told you to bring?! You said you'd bring it today!"

"I-I forgot! I forgot!" Yunho shouts pleadingly, curling up even more as if that would protect him from whatever harm's to come. "I-I'll bring it tomorrow, I promise!"

"Then what about today, then? What you expect me to starve?!" Jinpyo yells as he bends down and picks the boy up by his collar.

Immediately, Yunho grabs his attacker's hand to keep himself from being strangled too much. "P-please! I-I really don't have any money today! Please... let me go!"

Out of frustration, Jinpyo sends him crashing down onto the chairs again. Yunho barely even lets out a grunt as he immediately starts coughing as soon as he is let go, heaving inwards by the end of his coughing fit. His bully remains looming over him for a few seconds before he storms off, his minions following behind.

Yunho only remains there, breathing heavily and still shaken by the whole ordeal.

Meanwhile, the other students in the classroom murmur as they slowly leave, some still throwing Yunho some concerned looks.

At one part of the classroom, you just watch him from the corner of your eye as you finish packing up to get lunch with your friends, Youngmin and Denise.

Meanwhile, the two watch him as well, Denise more discreetly while Youngmin is just flat-out facing him while shaking his head and clicking his tongue.

"Poor dude," Youngmin says, catching your attention and making you turn to him. "He doesn't even look like he has anyone on his side."

"Yeah?" you reply as you turn away and hang your bag over your shoulder. "So are you gonna take his side, then?"

Youngmin replies with a nervous laugh. "I... can't fight, though? And honestly speaking, I'm kinda scared of Jinpyo so..."

"But I feel really bad for him, too, though," Denise then says, and both you and Youngmin turn to her. In return, Denise turns to you with semi-pleading eyes. "I mean, can't we at least let him into our friend group?"