Ch. 54: But, I Don't Want to...

The night drew on, and the party continued, and even at that time, many people still stayed around to enjoy the reception.

One of them, though not really enjoying it as much as others, is Minho.

Technically speaking, basically everyone Yunho and Denise knew from high school had been invited, and that's how Minho ended up in this event here. But all through out the reception, however... he chose to just stay in a corner, observing other people as he sipped on his wine which he took so long to finish, it had remained as the same glass of wine since he took it... which was about three hours ago.

That would be three o' clock in the afternoon. Currently, it would be six. Apparently, it seems a lot of the guests thought it would be more fun at night.

Still, barely anyone noticed Minho, though, despite the fact that he's a famous celebrity attending a non-celebrity friend's wedding. But maybe soon someone will.

Chan had noticed him being all alone in a corner at one point. And while no one else noticed Minho, Minho didn't even notice Chan approaching and eventually standing beside him, the older man's own wine glass in hand.

"Quite a party, huh?" Chan then asks a second later, surprising Minho.

The latter jumps, then he turns to Chan with a shocked face, causing the older to laugh at his reaction. "Seriously, since when did you get here? I didn't even notice you."

Chan chuckles, then he looks ahead before he speaks. "Not long, really. You just seemed really out of it when I saw you. Not to mention, you seemed out of it in a dark, secluded area like this..." Chan looks around, gesturing to the area they are both in and Minho follows his gaze before looking looking back down at his glass. "So, what's on your mind?" Chan finally asks after a while.

Minho sighs, then he swirls his glass before looking out in the distance towards a certain someone: You. "I did it," he finally says after a while, and Chan looks at him questioningly. "I let her go. It was easy to say those things to debunk the rumors, but..." He sighs again, then he looks back down at his glass. "I... honestly don't even know what to feel right now."

A concerned look forms on Chan's face as he looks towards Minho, then the latter speaks again.

"Sorry," he says, and Chan's eyes widen slightly in surprise. "That's what I meant to say when you called me into your office... Sorry." Minho keeps his head down, and Chan continues looking at him with a surprised expression before he breathes out a laugh, then places his arm around the younger.

"Oh, come on, now! That was eight years ago! It's such a long time, I'm sure the others won't even remember it," Chan tells Minho with a light tone as he looks ahead. "After all, how else would you have been invited to this wedding if they still remembered it?" Chan gestures towards Yunho and Denise seated infront being all sweet with each other, and Minho looks towards them as well.

His lips twitch, then he breathes out a laugh as he looks down. "I swear, there's gotta be something about you being such a good hyung and all."

"Nice compliment. I'll accept it," Chan says simply with a hint of playfulness in his voice, and Minho looks back at him with a mock-unimpressed expression.

Then, you come along.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here in the dark?" you ask them with a light tone in your voice as you approach them (still wearing your bridesmaid gown since Denise insisted that you don't change out of it yet).

Both men turn to you, and Chan's face lights up as he greets you while Minho's face turns blank. He watches you for a second while you talk with Chan for a bit, but once you turn to him, he quickly turns his gaze away, looking towards Hyunjin and Juyeon (who are currently being unusually sweet to each other) instead.