Ch. 46: Some Friendly Advice

Ahem.

Did I mention you were chosen as the Maid of Honor for Denise and Yunho's wedding? Because you are. Oh, and Youngmin is the Best Man.

Though, it is pretty easy to predict due to your close ties as friends.

Neither half of the couple had told you when the exact date would be, though. And you start to doubt whether they've even prepared about half of the preparations for the wedding (considering they haven't even handed out invitations yet).

Eventually, though, the next day, you found yourself in a boutique at a mall with Denise, helping her pick out her wedding dress. Meanwhile, your young babisittee stayed at a daycare nearby since you couldn't really trust any of your male friends with the little troublemaker.

Though, it would help to have someone to distract you from your thoughts while waiting for Denise to finish changing. You were spacing out a lot ever since you and your friend arrived at the boutique. And your face occassionally heated up at one specific thought that would pop into your head randomly.

"Y/N!" Denise calls you for the third time, and you snap out of your thoughts just as your head snaps up at her.

"Huh? Hmm? You were calling?" you ask her, blinking rapidly to distract yourself from the thought in your head.

Your friend furrows her brows at you, then she raises her brow with a hand on her hip. "Your face is red."

Your eyes widen, then you just feel your blush getting worse as you suddenly laugh out loud, as if that would stop your face from exposing you!

In return, Denise gives you a judging look. You quickly stop laughing when she does that.

"Oh, stop! I know you know what I was thinking of," you then tell her, your face slightly frowning as you look away from her.

Denise, in response, nods her head, a knowing expression on her face. "Well, if you were so eager to kiss him again, then why did you just wait instead of meeting him halfway?"

Your blush only gets crazier as you hear her words. "GOSH, DENISE! STOP!" you shout as you cover your red face with your palms. "Ugh! I don't even know why I still almost let him kiss me. I mean, I still like him, but..."

"But...?" Denise prompts you to continue, checking herself out in the mirror in the current wedding dress since you're too bothered to help her out now anyway.

You just let out a muffled sigh with your face still covered. "I..."

"I swear, if this is about Jisung not showing up before you left Korea, I'm gonna have to tell you to stop being so childish," Denise suddenly says before you even word out your thoughts.

Well, she was right, though. You were thinking of that. Still. Aaaand, she's also right about that being immature.

An unimpressed expression just forms on your face as you remove your hands from your face and look back at her. She then gives you a glance, then shrugs as she looks back at the mirror.

"I mean, if you really like him, then why should you still be looking for a reason to hate him? It was one mistake, and it was eight years ago. Besides... it's not like you're the one who made a mistake first."

You flinch at her words, suddenly feeling her words stabbing you as you realize the truth in it. "Well, yeah... But, still-"

"Let me guess. You're still wondering why he wouldn't come out after you begged him to and even said sorry multiple times?" This time, Denise turns to you, and the look on her face implies that she really isn't impressed at all by your thoughts and actions.