Ch. 16: Caught

The phone camera captures the scene, and the girls quickly scramble back into hiding after taking the picture.

"Did you get it? Did you get it?" one asks, seemingly in a rush, and the one who took the photo furrows her brows in annoyance as she scrolls through her phone.

"Yes, of course, I got it! Now just shut up already unless you wanna get caught!" she whispers harshly to her accomplice who does as she says, shutting her mouth tight and biting on her lips inwardly before a third girl stands up again to take a peek and see what else is happening inside the old storage room.

Suddenly, she gasps, and the others turn to her, suddenly alert. "Guys, you have to see this!"

Meanwhile, in the classroom of Class 2-1, Denise is starting to get antsy, looking towards your seat for probably the hundredth time this morning since classes started.

Your seat is, of course, empty because you're still trapped in the storage room, but of course, your friends don't know that.

Yunho, who also happens to be Denise's seatmate, then nudges Denise with his elbow, catching her attention before she turns to him to see him looking at her with furrowed brows. "Where's Y/N?" he mouths to her worriedly and Denise shrugs before they both turn towards Youngmin who sits on the other side of the classroom.

Youngmin was looking towards your seat as well, then he looks towards his other friends to see them looking at him with furrowed brows. All three of them mouth your name, only for all of them to shrug or shake their heads.

Denise mutters to herself as she looks ahead again. "Aish, where could she be?"

"She didn't even send us a text, and she always sends a text when she's gonna be absent," Yunho, says with a wary expression.

Then Denise feels her phone vibrate before she takes it out and hides it under her desk so the teacher doesn't catch her. She had just received a text, and it's from Youngmin.

Our Big Bro: (Yes, this is Youngmin)
Has she texted either of you?

Denise raises her head and turns to him again, shaking her head in small swift movements so as not to get caught.

Youngmin visibly sighs exasperatedly as he looks back at his phone and Denise does the same. Soon, the both of them send you a message at the same time.

At the storage room, however, there isn't really much for your friends to worry about... other than the fact that you're stuck with Lee Minho, which is, as said, also unknown to your friends.

After some time, Minho finally decides to let you go and you awkwardly move away from him just as you hear your phone receive a notification. You check to see what it is to see two messages, one from Youngmin, the other from Denise.

Outside, one of the girls who had trapped you inside notices this. "Guys! Quick! You have to see this!"

Her two accomplices quickly stand up and peek inside and their eyes widen when they see you texting someone.

"She's calling for help! What do we do? We'll get caught!"

"Let's just leave then, you idiots!"

"But we don't even have that much photos yet..."

"One is enough! We already have that other one with the guy from Class 2-3, anyway! Let's just go!"

Immediately, the three girls run away from the storage room into the drizzle that is still going on up until now.

Back inside the storage room, you're texting Denise and Youngmin telling them where you are and feeling thankful that you might have found a way out now. "Gosh, now that I think about it, why didn't I think of this sooner?"