7: the chemistry project

Start from the beginning

Sigh.

"So...are you free tomorrow?"

HAN JISUNG.

I despise my natural instinct to blush after hearing that question.

Luckily, I manage to disguise it as disgust, quickly turning my back on Minho as he huffs in frustration.

"Seriously? C'mon Jisung, just be mature for once. Think about it - the more we act like we're getting along, the easier it will be to convince Jinki to lift his punishment."

Anger and hurt bubbles inside me at that, threatening to surface if the boy behind me doesn't shut his mouth.

See the thing is, I would love to get closer to the beautiful person behind me. That is, if he were less obnoxious, less hateful towards me and if I weren't pretending with all my might to hate his guts.

But very quickly, the pretense is wearing off the more rude he becomes. To Changbin and Felix, I could almost declare my hatred of Lee Minho without an ounce of hesitation.

He sighs heavily yet again, bringing my attention back to the present.

"Look, don't leave me hanging here. It's not like I want to have anything to do with you."

Ouch.

That hurts way more than it should. Dread fills my body as I feel my eyes begin to water and I frantically try to stop the tears, thankful I still have my back turned.

"Jisung? Are you even listening to me right now?"

I've zoned out again, and Minho keeps noticing. I'm only annoying him further, though it doesn't seem to take much effort for him to be mad at me.

"Unfortunately yeah, I'm listening." I comment, as snarky as ever so he won't suspect a thing.

I mean, in this kind of situation what can you do except fight back? I gave him a chance at friendship, but he's hated me ever since he laid eyes upon me.

"I despise you, Han Jisung. I can't believe I'm even begging you to organize something right now."

"Then give up, it's not like I'm going to jump for joy at the chance to see your ugly face even more than I already have to."

Bile forms in my throat as I spout sentence after sentence, none of it being what I actually think.

But I can't let him win, I'm too stubborn for that. And so, the bickering continues.

"I can't believe you right now! All we have to do is pretend to enjoy each other's company for a few hours each week!"

"And that alone, will be the most challenging thing I've ever had to do in my entire life."

"Then maybe you're not cut out for this."

Oh Minho, for once we agree on something.

He finally gives up trying to negotiate with me, and I'm well aware I'm being unreasonable but I don't care. It gives me a sort of satisfaction to see him walk away, knowing I've won the argument for now.

But what happens when we see each other tomorrow? More interrogation about hanging out? Probably.

It's something I'm certainly not looking forward to...

'¨*•.¸¸.•*'¨•.¸¸.•'¨'•.¸¸.•*

🌸

hello my dear readers!! i'm so sorry for the late update and also that it's not a double update like i said! i've got school orchestra tomorrow morning so i really should be sleeping right now, but i wanted to at least give you guys something!

how's everyone going? *cue cricket sounds bc no one ever comments anything hahha*

anyways this is only a short lil note from me today, cause like i said - i need to sleep asap! (by stayc, song of the mf decade-)

hope y'all have an amazing week!