𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 14

Jungkook was concentrating on his work until someone taped him on the shoulder.

"Oh hello, Mrs. Jihyo," says Jungkook utterly surprised to see her.

"Good morning Mr. Jeon. I'm here to tell you that Mr. Kim wants you in his office as soon as possible."

"Mr. Kim? As in our boss?"

Jihyo nods making Jungkook's eyes widen. Getting called into the boss's office wasn't on his bucket list.

"I will show you the way," says Jihyo and Jungkook follows her.

The elevator ride felt like an eternity. But when the elevator door does finally open, Jungkook didn't really want step out. But he has no choice.

He feels a tingling sensation in his legs as they walk down the hallway. Jungkook swears he can hear his heartbeat is in his head.

"Here we are. Please go inside and wait while I inform Mr. Kim of your arrival."

Jungkook hesitate for a second before entering.

As Jungkook walked in, he can smell a mixture of two very distinct smells, shoe polish, and cologne.

The room is painted a bluish gray color from top to bottom, with a simple floral design border all the way around. The ceiling of the room is the same color as the walls and the floor is made of dark brown stained wood paneling.

Aside from a desk, there is a recliner probably often used by the rooms' owner in order to catch up on his many hours of lost slumber.

Next to the recliner is a coffee table and on it sits the bottle of shoe polish that was the source of the previously mentioned smell. The cologne is nowhere to be seen.

Although most of the room is organized with precision, the desk is quite unkempt. The papers that Mr. Kim has been working on are scattered here and there in a disorderly fashion as if he had come and gone hurriedly in order to find an important document. Almost unnoticeable amongst the ruckus on the desk, a small portable laptop sits folded under the papers, connected by tangled cords to a wall outlet and a color printer.

His almost flinches when the door suddenly opens. Jungkook looks at the floor, trying his best not to make eye contact.

"Please take a seat."

Jungkook stomach twists hearing the man's deep voice.

Jungkook sits down and gazes up at his tall, lithe figure. The black suit seems to fit perfectly around his broad shoulders. Jungkook also notice his very proportionate facial features. A round but long face shape, one double eyelid and one monolid, a long nose.

His jet-black hair looks naturally wavy and voluminous; it goes well with his tanner complexion.

His lips are plump and thin at the same time. Thick and beautiful brows as well as eyelashes anyone would be envious of. Moles on his lower lip, above his right nostril, and under his right eyelid near his waterline.

Jungkook eyes land on the male's hands and he feels like he is being hypnotized by the way his long fingers moving while he brushes the papers onto one pile.

Jungkook's breath hitches when the man suddenly looks him right in the eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook, I assume," says Mr. Kim and sits down behind the desk.

"Yes, Mr. Kim"

"Do you know why I called you here?"

Jungkook thinks for a second before shaking his head.

"Hm alright. May I ask you a question?"

Jungkook takes a deep breath in and then nods.

"What happen between you and Mr. Min Yoongi?"

He frowns at the unexpected question.

"I don't think that has anything to do with you," says Jungkook making Mr. Kim sigh.

"I will always respect your privacy but Mr. Jeon when a problem occurs that influences an employee physically or psychologically in an adverse way then it becomes my problem and..."

He stops talking, stands up, places his hands on the desk and learns forward. Jungkook gaze up at the male now towering over him.

"I did not enjoy it when my dear friend came running into my office, in tears. I immediately knew something, or someone must have afflicted him."

"J-Jimin is your friend?"

"Yes. In fact, he is my bestfriend."

Honestly Jungkook started debating if he should run or hide, feeling very intimidated by the man's menacing gaze.

"So, I'm going to ask you one more time. What happened between you and Mr. Min?"

Jungkook breaks eye contact and clears his throat.

"Nothing happened, Sir."

Mr. Kim sits back down and thinks for a moment before speaking again.

"I don't appreciate your lies but since you don't want to tell me what happened at least I know you are ashamed of your actions and words."

Jungkook start to chew on his lips, knowing his boss is correct.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim-"

"Don't apologize to me," Interrupts Mr. Kim. "Jimin is the one you should apologize to. And if I ever hear that you plagued Jimin again, then you will be fired. Now get back to your work."

"Yes Sir," says Jungkook and hurriedly stands up and bows before exiting the office.