𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 4

"Good morning class, today I'm handing out a page with all the topics that you can choose from for your oral next week."

Jungkook starts reading the topics the second he got a page from the teacher. He sighs after reading the first few boring topics but than the one topic catches his eye.

9. Why you believe two men should be/not be allowed to have a baby.

Jungkook zones out thinking about the topic until the teacher's voice brought him back.

"I'm going to go to Mr. Choi's classroom real quick. You all can start thinking about what topic you are going to choose. I will be right back."

As soon as the teacher disappears out the door, Hyun-Woo whispers something to his friends making them chuckle.

"Hey frump!" shouted one of Hyun-Woo's friends making Hyun-Woo laugh out loud.

Jungkook blinks the tears in his eyes away, he doesn't want to show that the bellicose word infected him in anyway. He doesn't want to look even more weak. More pitiable. More debilitated.

Everyone is the class was now looking at Jungkook.

"Why don't you choose the 9th topic and tell us why you should have never been born."

The entire class burst out laughing after Hyun-Woo's comment. Jungkook can't deal with this level of humiliation any longer. He needs to get out of this room that is now suffocating him with ignominy and opprobrium.

Jungkook escapes out by the door and runs down the hallway till he can't hear the laughs anymore, only the sound his panting. He enters the restroom and locks himself in one of the stalls.

Here where nobody can see him, Jungkook sits on the cold floor and lets his tears fall. He is so tired of being agonized. He is so tired of pitying himself. He is just exhausted. Why does he have to suffer because of them?

Jungkook stayed in that very same spot until the school day came to an end and now, he can finally get away from this agony. At least for a few hours.

"Hello Jungkookie, how was your day?" greets Jin as soon as Jungkook gets in the car.

"It was just another boring day," mumbles Jungkook.

"Umm okay...Do you have any homework?"

Jungkook didn't provide an answer. He is too busy staring out of the window, lost in his own thoughts. Silence fills the car as Jin gave up trying to start a conversation, because clearly his son doesn't feel like talking right now.

After the two got home, they had lunch. As soon as Jungkook finished his food he went to his room and locks the door.

Jin sits on the couch and tries to read a book, but he can't seem to focus on the words. It's just so weird. The silence in the house.

Jin puts the book down and looks around the living room. It felt like yesterday when the house wasn't so quiet, but rather filled with chaos. Jungkook was always filled with so much energy when he was younger. He was a lot to handle but Jin loved every second of it.

Jin is so lost in his memories that he didn't even hear his husband entering the house or hear him saying "Honey, I'm home". Only after Namjoon placed his hand on Jin's shoulder, he got a response from him.

Jin's frown immediately gets replaced by a smile.

"Oh, you're home. How was your day at the office?"

Namjoon sits down on the couch next to Jin.

"It was a good day. I got lots of work done."

Namjoon hands takes hold of Jin's small waist and brings him closer till there is no space left between them. They gaze into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Jin connects their lips. Namjoon immediately kisses back with the same passion. They both melt into the kiss as Jin's hands travel to the back of Namjoon's neck.

They break the kiss, gasping for air.

"Looks like someone missed me."

Namjoon expected Jin to blush or his ears to turn red but instead Jin's breaks eye contact and looks down.

"Yeah, I missed you. It's just too quiet without you."

Namjoon lifts his husband's chin and caresses his cheek with his big hand.

"Jungkook refused to talk to you and locked himself in his room again, didn't he?"

Seeing his husband's eyes fill with tears, Namjoon got his answer. He takes Jin into his embrace and lays his husband's head on his shoulder. Jin closes his eyes, feeling the comfort provided by Namjoon.

"You should stop blaming yourself. It's not our fault that Jungkook doesn't want to talk to us. It's obvious that something is perturbing him, but I have faith that he will come talk to us when he's ready. But till that day comes, let's just make sure he knows that we're always on his side and we will be there for him no matter what."

The two males continue their lament for their son until the sun sets.