Chapter 1316 - Chapter 1320

Start from the beginning

Yang Gongming's expression was sombre as he looked at the photos silently. He could feel the bloodshed of battle just by looking at them.

"From what we know, Ruoxi does have cultivation but it's impossible for her to kill a dozen people with the same cultivation as her, not to mention that they are trained soldiers. If she truly killed them, she might be hiding something that we are unaware of." Cai Yuncheng analyzed the situation.

"General, sorry for being blunt but for someone to have such techniques, they'd have to be talented at murder, and have to had also undergone harsh trainings for at least five years with experience at combat. I don't' think she can have such hidden abilities given that her background is well-known by everyone." Hai Xiao shook his head.

The room turned silent at his statement. They knew that he was right. There were strong records about Lin Ruoxi's life from birth to adulthood so today's incident just didn't make sense.

Yang Gongming sighed in the end, "Regardless of the truth, please take care of them. As for Zhonghai, I'll arrange guards from the Jiangnan military base. Time will tell us about the secret on Ruoxi..."

Back in the Jade Fox Palace in the Ten Thousand Demon Realm, Hui Lin sat on the lounge chair while staring at the scenery outside.

It had been her sixth day of being locked in the palace but Yu Xuening treated her well, and had arranged maids to serve her.

Even so, it didn't cheer her up. As she couldn't step out of the room, she could only learn from the maid outside the door that Yu Xuening had imprisoned Yang Chen without any reason.

"What are you thinking about? Your lover?" A melodious yet teasing voice was heard from behind.

Hui Lin turned back abruptly and saw that Yu Xuening was looking at her with an amorous gaze.

Even if Hui Lin was a woman, she was still briefly mesmerised by a beauty like her.

"You finally showed up, what are you trying to do to us?" Hui Lin questioned.

Yu Xuening twirled her hair and answered nonchalantly, "I only came at this time because I figured you would throw a tantrum if I came earlier. It is only common courtesy for me to visit my guest especially since you've calmed down now. As for my motive, it's simple, I want you guys to stay here as my guests."

"I'm not a fool! If you're inviting us over as your guests, why did you imprison Brother Yang?!" Hui Lin was furious.

Yu Xuening sighed, "I don't think you know him well. He's stubborn and he wouldn't have agreed if I told him that I want him to stay here for a few years, so I had to lock him up by force."

"What...what are you talking about?! Years?" Hui Lin raised her voice, "You're really planning on locking him up for years?!"

Yu Xuening thought it was plainly obvious, "Why? Do you want me to let him out and have him die at the Heaven Tower?"

"Of course not! But..." Hui Lin struggled to complete her sentence, "Are you telling the truth? Will Brother Yang really...die in the tower?"

Yu Xuening looked at her with a playful gaze, "You've been asking about Yang Chen from the moment I came in and you never asked about when I'll let you go or what am I gonna do to you...it seems like you care more about him than yourself. Sister Hui Lin, do you really like him that much?"

Hui Lin was startled and she shook her head frantically to deny it but her flushed face said otherwise.

"I...I don't, Brother Yang is my brother-in-law, why would...why would I like him?"