Chapter 591 - Chapter 600

Chapter 591 - The Detestable Zhenxiu

Yang Chen who was on his way to Zhenxiu's school had no idea that his mom and mother-in-law had met coincidentally. He also did not know that their first topic of conversation was regarding him!

If Yang Chen had known what was going back home, he would've either laughed himself to death or buried himself a hole to hide in forever.

Since it was a weekend, the traffic wasn't too heavy. Yang Chen was then able to drive carefreely as he chatted with Zhenxiu.

Due to recent events, Yang Chen didn't have the time to catch up with the girl. He used to only ask about Zhenxiu's school life and revision. But lately, he felt the need to address Zhenxiu's family background from Korea.

It was basically confirmed that Zhenxiu was a direct descendent of the people from Starmoon Group. Park Jonghyun wasn't an ordinary man; getting information wrong was non-existent in his books.

Zhenxiu had insisted on staying in Zhonghai instead of returning to Korea. Everyone understood how she felt, and took concern and compassion for her. OUt of respect, they never brought it up in front of Zhenxiu.

Yang Chen had a feeling that Zhenxiu needed to go back to Korea sooner or later. She belonged there after all. Even though her parents were strongly opposed by her relatives back then, and fled to China as a result, it was not enough to cut off all ties to their blood relatives.

Furthermore, Zhenxiu was chosen as the heiress of the business empire Starmoon Group by its current president, her grandfather. Had they chosen another candidate other than Zhenxiu, Park Jonghyun wouldn't have wasted his time coming all the way to Zhonghai.

Yang Chen thought of the possible conflicts, caused by authority and money, within large clans like hers. He didn't hope for Zhenxiu to be on the receiving end of any of it.

All he could do was ensure the sister-like child lived a blissful life regardless of what her choice would be.

While driving, Yang Chen casually asked about how Zhenxiu had been doing in school, and how her revision progressed. He joked about letting her seek help from Sister Ruoxi in times of need, so that Lin Ruoxi could be distracted from him.

It was rare for Zhenxiu to talk to Yang Chen alone. She just sided Lin Ruoxi yesterday night and intentionally worsened the situation. However, not only was she currently obedient, she had also laughed and conversed happily with Yang Chen.

"Zhenxiu, is Liu Minghao still harassing you?" Yang Chen suddenly thought of that brother-in-law of his.

Zhenxiu instantly frowned in displease upon hearing that name. Angrily, she said, "Brother Yang, please don't mention him anymore. I get frustrated every time I think of him."

"Is he still going after you in school?" Yang Chen asked with a smile.

"No, he isn't. He quit school sometime back." Zhenxiu rolled her eyes adorably.

"He quit?" Yang Chen was doubtful. "I think the word you are looking for is expelled. Did that fellow form a gang of some sort and get punished?"

"The cowardly teachers wouldn't dare to mess with Liu Minghao; even the headmaster makes way for him." Zhenxiu pouted her mouth. "He left because he found studying to be an unsuitable task for him. I believe he managed to gain his father's approval to quit school. He's now helping his father in the gang."