Chapter 1131 - Chapter 1140

Chapter 1131 - Ride One's Coattails

Lin Ruoxi was helpless against the man standing before her. Upon hearing Li Jingjing's pleas, her heart softened once again.

Speaking of that, it was Li Jingjing who got to know Yang Chen first. She had also developed feelings for him first. In fact, it was she who forced Yang Chen to marry after an absurd night.

Till today, Lin Ruoxi had to use her identity as a wife as she stood upon the higher ground of morality.

As the thought sank in, Lin Ruoxi grew even more furious at Yang Chen. It was all because of this bastard. And to think that he was still grinning ear-to-ear at her like an idiot. If it was not for him, would she have ended up this conflicted?

As Lin Ruoxi struggled to make a decision, her legs were suddenly mashed together!

In an instance, Yang Chen had pounced onto Lin Ruoxi and was hugging both her sumptuous thighs with his head pressed against them as he started to rub them.

"You... What are you doing? Let go..." Lin Ruoxi's face instantaneously flushed crimson. Why was he acting like a child?

Everyone standing aside was stupefied. The extent to which Yang Chen was thick-skinned was way past their expectations.

Li Jingjing could not discern if Yang Chen was seriously begging or just trying to cajole his way out of this.

Yang Chen kneaded Lin Ruoxi's tender thighs with his face, relishing in the whiff of the fragrance originating from her skin. Brazen-faced, he implored, "Honey, if you don't forgive me, I shall kneel in front of you forever."

Lin Ruoxi was beyond frustrated. "You idiot, am I so easy to please? Would I not be mad at you once you hug my thighs? You're clearly just bullying me!"

"Then, if I let go of your legs, will you forgive me?" Yang Chen beamed and immediately let go.

Amid her anger, Lin Ruoxi could not fight back a giggle. She bit her thin lips and eventually let out a sigh. Disregarding Yang Chen, she turned to Li Jingjing. "Jingjing, come with me upstairs. We need to talk."

"Huh?" Li Jingjing stiffened for a moment but quickly nodded as she caught herself.

Lin Ruoxi did not stay for long. Without delay, she brought Li Jingjing upstairs to the guest room and shut the door.

Downstairs, an eerie silence began to permeate the air.

Yang Chen had picked himself up and plopped down in Lin Ruoxi's seat. Using Lin Ruoxi's chopsticks, he sent an entire clump of kimchi into his mouth and started munching, then slurped some soup with her spoon.

Park Cheon and the others stared at him as the word 'heartless' surfaced in their minds.

Noticing all the eyes on him and that Park Cheon and Zhenxiu had stopped eating, he chuckled, "Why are y'all looking at me? Go on, eat! I suppose it will take a while for Ruoxi to come down. I'll use her cutleries for the time being."

Park Cheon smiled stiffly, the corners of his lips twitching. "Mr Yang sure is full of surprises."

"I mean, what can I do? A wife is meant to be pleased. Reasoning with women is never a good idea. We must just admit our mistakes obediently. Whatever so-called self-esteem is utter bullshit, those are only for others to see. Especially for people like me who like to look at others even when I already have enough, it's needless to say that I must put in extra effort to woo my wife. That is a long-term plan considering the big picture. This is my state of enlightenment from the countless agonizing lessons I've experienced in the past. Anyone who is interested can talk to me and share some of your own valuable experiences as well..."