Chapter 631 - Chapter 640

Chapter 631 - Well-Known

The intensive care unit was soon vacated, with the exceptions of Sky Dragon and Ye Zi who were guarding the ward.

Tang Xin finally broke the silence. She couldn't help but ask, "Grandpa, can Mr Yang really heal Elder Sister? This poison seems to be more fatal than the one you previously had. Don't you think we should ask Miss Jane for help instead?"

Tang Zhechen closed his eyes and sighed. In a deep voice he said, "Miss Jane is a highly skilled individual. However, she is currently in England. Waiting for her arrival should we call her, might take too long considering the type of poison we are dealing with. Besides, Ms Jane's methods, while effective, require too much time to execute. Therefore, asking her for help will be our last resort."

"But can Mr Yang really heal Elder Sister?" Tang Xin asked with sparkling eyes, while biting her lower lip.

Tang Tang answered, "Don't worry. Uncle definitely can do it. I know for a fact that he is highly skilled himself!"

Tang Zhechen turned his head and looked at his agitated great-granddaughter. He asked, "Tang Tang, answer me honestly. Are you mad at me?"

Tang Tang paused for a second. She shook her head and said, "Great Grandpa... Why do you ask?"

Tang Zhechen held Tang Tang's hand gently and replied, "Ever since you were born, you have lived with your mother in the south. Never once have I ever taken care of the both of you. Now that your mom brought you here to Beijing, an incident like this happened to her. I blame only myself for my incompetence."

Tang Tang lowered her head and said, "I know that this isn't your fault and you didn't have a choice. Also, Mom has always told me that if it wasn't for you, both of us would be dead. I am more than grateful that you have accepted me as your great-granddaughter."

Tang Zhechen laughed and said, "Why would I not accept you? You're Tang Wan's daughter. Her real daughter. So you're clearly my great-granddaughter. It is impossible for me to not accept you."

"Bu—but I am just a..." Tang Tang wasn't able to finish her sentence while clenching her teeth.

"So what if you're a test tube baby? It's not like you are the only one to exist. I am not that close-minded." Tang Zhechen patted her hand and said, "Tang Tang, don't worry. Your mother will recover. It is only a matter of time before I pass on the Tang clan to her and she will pass it you in the future. Besides, no one can stop this from happening."

Tang Tang wasn't the only one who was startled by what her great-grandfather said. Tang Xin who stood behind the wheelchair was surprised too.

The Tang Clan was in a state of disarray because Tang Zhechen never announced his successors. I can't believe what he just said. It is not like him to simply joke about matters like this one. Also, I don't think claiming that Tang Tang will be his future successor is necessary to comfort her, Tang Xin thought.

Agitated, Tang Xin lowered her head and clenched her teeth.

"But Great Grandpa, I... I only know how to fool around. I don't know how to run a business," Tang Tang answered while shaking her head. Even though she wasn't experienced in this field, she was still aware of the volatile state of her clan. After hearing what Tang Zhechen said, she was terrified at her future prospects.

"Don't worry, your mom and I will still be here to guide you when the time comes. All you have to do is believe in me. Our Tang Tang will be the most ideal successor," Tang Zhechen answered with a smile, as if he had anticipated the future.