Chapter 31 - Chapter 40

Chapter 31: Pledge

"Ermm......" Yang Chen regretted randomly choosing the test papers, if he knew this would've happened, he would have chosen English and French as written in his resume, but right now he could only brace himself for whatever that comes his way, "That is just a hobby, I'm pretty talented at foreign languages."

"Oh? What other innate skills do you have then?" Ruoxi asked as she crossed her arms in front of her chest with a face full of disbelief.

Yang Chen scratched his nose, because he was embarrassed to say that he actually had quite a number of innate skills. While he was most adept at fighting and killing, on the more high-tech side, he was also talented in controlling aircraft, tanks, firearms and hacking. However, these talents were not appropriate to share in a conversation, so he simply shook his head and said, "Nope, this brain of mine only has that much capacity, well-appraised, my lord wife."

"You're not allowed to call me that!" Lin Ruoxi once again corrects the uncomfortable form of address that nearly turned her eyebrows vertical, and angrily said, "Yang Chen, no matter the reason, since you chose Yu Lei International and became my employee, there are some things I must make clear to you."

"It can't be that you want to fire me right?" Yang Chen gloomily raised his hands, "Hey, my dear w...Erm.... Boss Lin, it took me a lot of effort to find a job that fits your requirements, sitting in an office, dignified, and can keep clean at work. You don't have to be so cruel to me right? Although I'm born a bit more handsome than others, and may cause harm to our fellow colleagues, but a loyal man like me would never womanize. Also, wild flowers can never smell as fragrant as the flower at home, don't you think so......."

"Hold your tongue!" Ruoxi couldn't stand it anymore as she slammed her hand down at the desk. She pouted and her lips formed an arc, this guy did not have any EQ, could it be that this is what all graduates of famous colleges in the US are like? Could it be that the Americans have a different way of looking at things?

Yang Chen tried his best to hold back his laughter, he had no idea why every time he sees the bashful look of his convenient wife, he feels so happy inside.

Like the creative concept written by a poet...... It is most of all the gentleness of bowing one's head, that is like the lotus flower that the cool breeze cannot compete in shyness......

(TL:This was a poem written by Xu Zhimo, a famous poet and cousin of Jinyong)

Of course, Lin Ruoxi might look like a lotus flower, but she wasn't that gentle. Her mature, city woman's high self-esteem, along with that innocent childishness, was the most attractive thing about her.

Only after a while did Lin Ruoxi calm down. With a gaze full of 'killing intent' she said, "Yang Chen, while we are in the company, we must agree upon a three-point-law."

(TL: 3 rules Yang Chen must follow.)

"Alright, as long as you don't fire me, I'm fine with anything." Said Yang Chen, as he didn't want to argue with this girl.

"First, you're not allowed to call me by those disgusting names, you must address me as Boss Lin or CEO just like the other employees. Second, you can't just randomly waltz into my office, and in public, we must maintain a distance. Third, you can't tell anyone in this company that we are married. Fourth..."

"Wait! Wait! Wasn't this a three-point-law? How can there be a fourth point?" Yang Chen raised his hand in protest.

"Bam!" Lin Ruoxi slammed both her hands down on the desk, with her eyes widened. "If I say how many laws, that's how many laws! If I say how many points that's how many points! You're not allowed to interrupt me!"