Chapter 731 - Chapter 740

Chapter 731 - We're Not Sharing

At first, Yang Chen assumed Lin Ruoxi had her presents tucked away in her red Bentley. However, upon seeing the vehicle, he realized that that was not the case.

A white Ford F350 pickup truck was parked in a corner. It was an intimidating vehicle, to say the least.

Ford's F-series pickups were American icons representing the hardy American spirit. It had ample horsepower and was designed with hard gold and aluminum platings.

They were very common in America as many farmers used them for work. Since the turnover rate was low, and it could only be imported, even the cheapest models cost at least a million yuan.

There were about ten huge boxes sitting at the back of the truck.

Is she really going to give these kids a whole pickup truck full of gifts?! thought Yang Chen.

Lin Ruoxi bit her lip, embarrassed at his expressions. She said gently, "When I used to go alone in the past, it had always been a difficult process. However, with you here, I can finally use the pickup. I've had security get this car from my garage and I've bought the gifts. All we need to do is deliver the goods. I'm not good at driving huge cars, so I need you to be my driver.

"No problem." Yang Chen sighed. "I used to drive cars like this often, but this would be my first time driving one in a city."

Lin Ruoxi quickly added, "If you like it, I have a Dodge RAM and Nissan Titan in my garage. They're all the latest pickup models, I'll give them to you. You've been driving that BMW for a year anyway."

"Why would I drive a pickup to work?" Yang Chen rolled his eyes, taking the car keys from Lin Ruoxi.

Lin Ruoxi mumbled under breath after he'd turned away. She was about to give him a car! Did that really warrant an eye roll?

The engine roared to life. Both of them soon left the parking lot. According to Lin Ruoxi's plan, they were supposed to have lunch before heading to the orphanage.

"What do you want to eat?" asked Yang Chen.

Lin Ruoxi stroked her chin, thinking. "Let's go for something simple. I don't want to wait too long."

"Then let's go for a small restaurant?"

She frowned. "Can we eat somewhere cleaner?" At the mention of small restaurants, she recalled the last time she had lobsters with Yang Chen at one. The greasy, dirty experience made her very uncomfortable.

He shrugged. "Then you suggest a place. I'm all yours today."

"I don't care." Lin Ruoxi huffed, then started thinking. When she suddenly thought of a place, she asked softly, "What about... Let's go to my new rice ball franchise, I haven't eaten there before..."

Lin Ruoxi's face reddened. She'd been craving for them for a while now, but she didn't have the guts to eat there alone. She was their boss, after all. How weird would it be to eat there alone.

Now that she had company, she didn't care if it was lunchtime. She just wanted to chew some glutinous rice balls.

Yang Chen seemed to understand. He nodded, smiling, then said, "That's alright. I'm curious to try your franchise rice balls too."

When she heard him agree, Lin Ruoxi's smile bloomed like a flower as she nodded vigorously.

Yang Chen marveled at how easy it was to satisfy this woman.