Chapter 71 - Chapter 80

Chapter 71: This tactic is a little too cruel

Please be advised that this chapter is NSFW, not the usual type

The three quickly got into Yang Chen's car. While rushing back to the hospital, Yang Chen made a call to Wang Ma to inform her that everybody was safe and sound. Wang Ma cried tears of joy, and asked them to hurry back to the hospital so that they could check on Miss.

Mo Qianni kept pestering Yang Chen about what actually happened. Even though the cold Lin Ruoxi pretended not to care, she too, occasionally glanced at Yang Chen, obviously pretty curious about it as well.

To be honest, her evaluation of this cheap husband of hers, changed from the initial disgust, to disregard. Gradually she began to have some interest in him, particularly with regards to these few days' of miraculous performances. This was the first time Lin Ruoxi ever had the impulse to understand a person, but if it's about liking him, it was still a far cry from that. Simply based on that carefree attitude of his, not bothering to climb higher made Lin Ruoxi, who took her work seriously, despise him.

Yang Chen couldn't endure Mo Qianni's barrage of questions, and casually cooked up a lie. He said that he when he came he had already called for the Zhong Hai's Special Forces to deal with their criminal gang. If they didn't leave at once, they would be encircled and wiped out by the Special Forces. Lin Kun lied to them that there were no Special Forces in this area, so Lin Kun was the true evil-doer. In the end, they wisely chose the take Lin Kun's money and leave, and no longer gave a damn about the three of them.

A lie like that probably couldn't even convince a 3-year-old kid, but Yang Chen was dead set on this story without letting it go. In the end, while panting with rage, Mo Qianni gave up, sat back against her seat and no longer bothered Yang Chen.

Fact was, if it wasn't for Yang Chen ignoring his personal safety and following those people's request to rescue them alone, they wouldn't have let Yang Chen off so easily. They would definitely have smashed through every barrier to find the truth.

Lin Ruoxi didn't ask about that, and abruptly asked just one question, "What language were you using to speak to that man earlier?"

"Oh, Vietnamese." Yang Chen knew that he wouldn't be able to conceal this.

Mo Qianni couldn't help but look at Yang Chen with the expression of looking at a freak, "You're proficient in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, and even know Vietnamese?"

"Is it really that strange? Actually, I know Thai too, the two languages are pretty similar." Yang Chen shamelessly took Mo Qianni's expression as reverence, and slightly boasted.

Lin Ruoxi was slightly touched, when it came to languages, perhaps this man was truly a genius. Yet when she thought about it for a while, she noticed that there was a problem, "Why did you learn Vietnamese?"

Yang Chen grinned and replied, "My wife, you must have heard of this before. That year, Vietnam had a slogan called 'Sacrificing a generation of maidens, prospering Vietnam's economy'. Vietnamese girls are pretty good, high quality yet cheap. The language was learnt after going to Vietnam to play a few times."

"......"

After dropping Lin Ruoxi off at the hospital, Yang Chen didn't stay for long, and left the remaining matters for Mo Qianni and Wang Ma to settle. Luckily, nobody had called the police yet, so they were saved from a lot of trouble.

After Yang Chen went outside the hospital, he made a phone call. The phone soon connected, and a familiar boorish voice came from the other side of the line......