Eighteen★ Like father, like son.

Even with his smart mouth, Jack managed to get out of the dinner alive. He wasn't all that comfortable talking about his sex life in front of Annie but he was having a fun time goading her brother. Thankfully, she didn't care; only blushed furiously when they talked on a topic she wasn't comfortable with.

At the end of the meal, Dave admitted that he liked Jack and Dan clapped his back. He took that as their approval. Ross threatened him and he was a little shaken. He didn't know if he would live to see another day if he somehow broke Annie's heart. Stuart told him that he would still court with Annie despite her having a boyfriend because her reactions were too cute, which earned him a slap to the head from Matt.

Annie had asked him if he wanted to stay over because they ended up eating-and doing more of talking-for two hours but he declined the offer as his Dad had called him earlier, saying they need to talk.

On his way to his motorcycle-after kissing Annie goodnight-he sent off a text to the group chat.

Jack: Guess who's got a girlfriend...

Javy's reply came almost immediately.

Javy: Not me.

Jack chuckled as he climbed on the vehicle. He knew his friend was hurting but made jokes to cover up the pain. He didn't blame him for breaking up with June though. Apart from the fact that no one really liked her, she was-for lack of a better phrase-a bitch who thought it was okay to bully someone. Hell, she even defended that tool for touching Annie inappropriately.

Jack felt a little satisfied that he got to break Theo's nose but the boy deserved more. Who knew how far he would've gone if Jack hadn't seen him in time?

He was sure Xander, despite being an asshole ninety-nine percent of the time, would make good on his promise of sending Theo to juvie. The guy didn't come from a family of lawyers for nothing. He was also very happy his friends cared for Annie enough to stand up for her, even if in the end, they made it seem like her fault when it was anything but.

After pulling over in the garage of his house, he checked his phone again whilst walking to the kitchen.

Elle: OMG! Oh my God!!! You asked her out already?

Xander: obviously, he did. He just announced that, didn't he?

Elle: ...I hate you

Javy: Can we talk abt how single I am?

Xander: Shut up J, everyone in this group is single.

Lee: Except Jax apparently. I WANT TO MEET THIS ANNIE!

Javy: chill bro, you'll be here in like nine days or so. I can send a picture if you want though.

Lee: ASAP

Javy ended up dropping a picture of Jack and Annie. The one they'd taken on their date where they were both facing the camera. How he managed to get his hands on the picture was beyond Jack.

Jack: Jesus, Javy.

Lee: she's cute. She also looks very preppy and innocent. I like her already.

Jack smiled. Now, he had the approval of all his friends. It wasn't like he wouldn't date Annie without their approvals but he wanted all of them to be on the same page.

Xander: I wonder what she's being fed. She's hyper when she's not shy.

Elle: shut up, you brood too much.