Eight★ What I like about you.

"Well, my mom is Korean and my dad is all American. I look like my dad a lot though with a few touches of my mom."

"Hmm." Annie nodded as they walked into Jack's house. His house lacked—for the absence of a better word—personality. It was big. Not as big as Javy's but bigger than hers. She figured they were rich because of how easily he paid for the presents that evening. Something she would never forget.

It was beautiful and she found herself staring whilst walking but it hardly felt like someone resided in it. "What about you?" Jack asked, bringing her out of her thoughts. That was the first conversation they were having after Jack showed her the video.

"My mom is Nigerian but she's American by marriage. She came here for college and she met my dad. My dad is half American, half Nigerian. He had never been to Nigeria until he got married to my mom. Now, they go every end of the year."

Jack nodded and she noticed he didn't know what else to say since she'd been acting strange.

"That Sunday," she said, thinking it felt so far away when it was just two days ago. "The man you came in with, that was your father?" Jack nodded and she whistled. "Damn, he's hot."

Jack scrunched up his face as he led her upstairs into an open hallway. "That's my dad you're talking about."

"Yeah, your hot dad." She emphasized. "Is he with Regina?" He nodded, seemingly relieved they were no longer talking about his dad's looks. "He's young." She stated.

"He had me when he was eighteen."

"What about your mom?" She asked and immediately regretted it because she saw how his face fell at the mention of his mom. But Annie was only curious as she didn't see any pictures of a Korean woman whilst they passed by the stair wall and hallway. In fact, she didn't see any picture of any woman. Every picture was either Jack, his dad, or both of them. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that."

"It's okay." He said with a wince but she knew it wasn't. "My mom was also eighteen when she had me and she—" he swallowed. "She died after giving birth to me."

"Fuck, I'm so sorry." She apologized immediately, not even trying to imagine what it was like to never meet one of her parents. He forced a smile at her and opened a door to reveal a huge room.

It had a king-sized bed in the middle of the room and there were two doors which she suspected led to his closet and bathroom. Although Javy's house was bigger than this, Jack's bedroom was much bigger than the one he stayed in at Javy's.

The walls were painted dark blue, a stark contrast to the bright blue linens on his king-sized bed. He had two white nightstands guarding both sides of the bed and there was a brown wooden desk at the right corner next to the wall where there were a few books on it.

He had a shelf on the left corner, right next to the first door, which contained a few trophies. There was a football on the top shelf and his walls were assaulted with all kinds of football posters, ranging from balls to team players to the whole team.

A large white couch, that Annie suspected could fit her, sat opposite the bed. His room wasn't like the rest of his house. It had personality. A personality that she didn't think fitted what he showed her.

She turned to see that he'd been staring at her the whole time, awaiting her reaction. When she didn't say anything at first, he started speaking. "I did say I would show you my room earlier today." That felt like a long long time ago.

"This room doesn't really scream Jack but it's more interesting than mine. I didn't know you were this interested in football."

He only focused on one sentence out of all she said. "What do you mean by the room not screaming me?"