Four★ Happiness like no other.

He wasn't sure what was wrong with him but he was sure as hell he couldn't stop the shit-eating grin that was on his face as he rode to Javy's house. He was happy he had a place to stay when he didn't feel like going home. Others would like to be at home with their family on Christmas Eve but not Jack. He was sure his father was busy trying to make Regina's Christmas the best she had ever experienced.

He got to his destination pretty quickly, partly because it wasn't that much of a distance but mostly because of the adrenaline that kicked through his body as he recalled his evening. What he would call the best evening of his life.

He set his bicycle inside the garage and went straight into the house from the door connecting the main house to the garage. He had barely stepped foot into the house when Jake's five-year-old form latched onto his leg. He tried to shake Jake off but the boy's grip was deathly strong. He sighed and bent down so they were leveled. "Where's Javy?"

"They're in the basement," Jake replied, letting go of Jack's leg and putting his tiny hand in Jack's. "They won't let me in."

Jack sighed again and ruffled the little boy's head. "You'll be let in in due time. Shouldn't you and your sister be in bed already?" He knew if Jake was up, it was most likely his twin was too. "You know if you stay awake, Santa won't come."

Jake's eyes went wide as though he did not think that through and he let go of Jack's hand so quick that you would think there was fire on it before running around the house to find his sister to share the news.

Jack laughed at the sight, wishing he could be young, innocent, and less informed once again. Sometimes, he really thought he grew up too fast. He didn't let the thought bother him as he breezed past the kitchen catching Javy's mother in it and shooting her a quick hello, walking faster before she could make him help her bake cookies.

He sometimes wondered if his mother would've been like Javy's. Energetic, full of life, and over-welcoming. Or like Xander's. He didn't even want to talk about that.

"Oh, lover boy is finally returned," Javy announced just as Jack took his last step down the stairs. He shook his head, not acknowledging them, and headed for the mini-refrigerator the basement held.

Taking a soda for himself -because Javy's mom wouldn't allow any alcoholic drinks in the fridge- and another for Elle who requested it, he settled on the space in between Xander and Javy.

"How did it go?" Xander asked, eyes on the video game he was playing with Elle. Xander was someone who barely asked about the girls they messed around with but he could tell this one sounded serious and Jack was appreciative of that.

"I don't know." He answered, worrying his hair. "I think she likes me."

That revelation was enough to get them in cheers and hoots of excitement and victory. They had seen how nervous he was in the morning and they tried to help him calm down. He wouldn't say it out loud but his friends were the best ones ever. He had been wondering if he was daydreaming, seeing that girl sneak a glance at him literally every ten seconds, and didn't want to approach her looking like a fool using that as leverage.

"I need to see this girl." Elle screeched and Jack shot her a look.

"You're not dolling her up or anything. I like her the way she is."

She pouted at him and he rolled his eyes. "I wasn't planning to." Suddenly she paused, bringing out her phone, their game long forgotten. "I can't wait to tell Lee!" Suddenly, everyone's phone pinged indicating Elle had sent a message to the group chat. They didn't bother checking it, already knowing it was her doing but anticipated another one as Lee's reply. Unfortunately, it didn't come and they concluded he wasn't with his phone.