Eleven★ How bout that date?

"Jax, stop pacing."

          Jack didn't know how much he'd messed up but he was beginning to regret approaching Annie at the diner that day. He'd given her the time she'd sought but he couldn't take it anymore.

          He thought of approaching her where she worked again but his subconscious countered it, thinking it was too much. Maybe, he'd already ruined his chance with her. After all, they hadn't known long enough for her to really know him. Plus, family always came first at the end of the day.

          "Stop fucking pacing." Xander repeated, his dark eyes rooting Jack to the spot where he now stood in front of his friends.

          "Stop breathing then." Jack retorted and Javy rolled his eyes.

          "Dude, If you're frustrated, use the punching bag next to you or fucking get on that treadmill, Jesus," Xander said, his focus back on the weight he was lifting.

          "Not everyone wishes to be violent like you, Xander."

          "She said she'd text you, didn't she?" Javy asked, without giving Javy the time to thank Elle for her reasonability.

          "That was two days ago, dumbass," Jack replied Javy, who suddenly put up his hands in surrender.

          "Give it time, then."

          "Don't." Elle butted in, panting from running on the treadmill and opposing Javy's idea. "You've given it enough time. Any more and she'll completely slip through your fingers." Elle advised, most likely because she liked Annie and wanted her around.

          "What then should I do?"

          "Text her."

          "I texted her last night."

          Javy coughed, disguising a "simp," with it and Jack ignored his friend.

          "She works at that coffee shop, right?" He nodded. "Then, go there."

          If Elle also suggested that, then maybe, it wasn't too much after all. "Thank you. This is why I love you the most."

          Xander snorted, finally letting go of the weights and moving onto the punching bag he was advising Jack to use. "Too bad she doesn't feel the same way. She loves me more than she does, you."

          "Keep living in your alternate reality." Elle retorted.

          "Xander, I'm taking clothes from your closet, bye," Jack informed them as he proceeded to leave the indoor gym at Xander's house.

          "You're going now?" Javy called out.

          "Yes." He said, realizing that what his coach said about not working out for a long time and suddenly doing it again was really true; deadly. He hadn't worked out only for a week now but it was already taking its toll on him.

          He made his way to Xander's bedroom, using his ensuite to rid himself of the stink that accompanied his sweat. When he proceeded to check Xander's large closet, he wasn't surprised when he saw a long line of plain black t-shirts. He shook his head in silent amusement, taking one of the said black shirts and pairing it with his own jeans that he had substituted for sweatpants before working out.

          He picked up his wallet and his keys, bidding his friends a hasty goodbye before getting on his motorcycle and going to meet the girl who had occupied every part of his mind.