Energon Keeper

Chapter 19

"I want to go shopping!" I said to Optimus as we drove down the highway. I sat back in the passenger seat as i turned to look at his holoform that sat in the drivers seat. He chuckled as he looked at me, "Where do you wanna go?" he asked as we entered town. I thought a moment as i looked out the windsheild. "The mall, its right up the road" i said pointing to a large building with an even larger parking lot. He smiled as he looked at me. "Ok" he said as he drove towards it. I looked at him and giggled, "then i can buy you some new clothes to" i said. He looked at me as he acted like he was offended, "Whats wrong with my clothes?" he asked. I smiled as i looked at him. There really wasnt anything wrong with his clothes. He looked good in just about anything. "Nothing, just wanted to pick you out some clothes" i said as i grinned. He rolled his eyes and smiled as he pulled into the parking lot. He parked close enough to the building so we wouldnt have to walk far but far enough away so people wouldnt mess with him. He got out the drivers seat and went around and opened the passenger seat helping me out. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the front entrance of the mall. We didnt noticed a small group of guys watching us as we walked into a clothing store.
I grabbed a few tshirts and jeans and a couple pairs of shorts and some tank tops. He looked at me arching a brow, "Now what are you gonna do?" he asked. I giggled as i playfullly punched his arm, "Im gonna try them on silly" i said as i entered the dressing room as i started trying on clothes. He leaned agaisnt the door of the dressing room as he waited for me to come out. I pulled the door open and he almost fell back but caught himself as he quickly stood up a bit embarrassed. I giggled, "they all fit" i said as i looked around for him something. "Hey i found you a shirt" i said as i picked out a bright red v-neck shirt. I held it out to him and he took it looking at it. "Any particular reason its red?" he asked me arching a brow. "Red looks good on you" i said with a smile. He chuckled and shook h is head throwing the shrit across his shoulder. I found a few more shirts for him to try on and a few pair of shorts and jeans. I handed him the clothes and pushed him towards the dressing room, "Go try them on" i urged him. "Ok ok" he said as he went inside the dressing room. "when you try them on come out and let me see how they look" i said with a grin. "You didnt do that" he argued and i just giggled, "Mine are a surprise" i said. He sighed and smiled as he tried on the red shirt and a pair of shorts i had picked out. He opened the door and looked at me his hands in his pockets, "How do i look?" he asked. I smiled as i got up and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling his head down to me. I softly kissed him and then backed up, "I told you it was your color" i said. He smiled and i let him go as he went and tried the others on. Once he was finished he changed back into his other clothes and came out holding his new clothes. I took them and mine and went to the checkout as i paid for them. He grabbed the bags as we walked out of the store. We then went into a shoe store and i found a pair of blue sneakers i loved. i grabed them in my size as he looked at a pair of boots. i walked over to him and looked at him, "You want them?" i asked him. He looked at me and smiled. I grabbed them in his size and handed them to him, "Try them on first" i said as i began to try on my shoes. Luckily they fit as i took them off and put them in the box. He looked at me as he took them off and put them in the box, "Well?" i asked him. "They fit, but im not comfortable with you buying all this stuff for me" he said as he held the box. I looked at him as i leaned down and kissed his softly on the forehead. "I want to, so no complaining" i said as i grabbed the box and went to pay for our shoes. He smiled as he shook his head, "Yes ma'am" he said as he followed me still carrying the bags. After we left the shoe store It was getting late and the mall was getting ready to close. "Guess we should head back" i said as we began to walk back to the front entrance. As we walked outside the only light was from a few parking lot lamps. His red and blue paint job shimmered in the light. we headed towards his truck form when a group of guys stopped us. Optimus stiffined as the guys surrounded us. I got closer to him as i watched them. "Well aint you a pretty young lady, why not come with us" one of the guys said to me. I could feel Optimus tense up as he watched the guys. "Im fine thanks" i said a bit scared. They all started laughing as they took a step towards us. "I wasnt asking" he said in a threatening voice. "She is with me so if i were you i would back off" Optimus growled at the guys. Suddenly one of the guys ran up behind me grabbing me from behind as he put a knife to my throat. i froze in fear as i looked at Optimus. Optimus growled under his breath as the other guys surrounded him as if they were getting ready to fight. I didnt know who i was more scared for, Optimus or the guys. "Your coming with me" the guy that had me whispered in my ear. i could feel the cold steel of the knife at my throat as i swallowed. Optimus looked at me as if apologizing with his eyes. One of the guys came up behind him and stabbed him in the shoulder with a knife. he groaned in pain as he fell to his knees. i yelped as i felt the pain in my own shoulder. The guy that held me tensed his grip as he watched. They then ran up and kicked him in the gut as he fell on his back. I winced as i got a pain in my gut. My eyes began to tear up as i watched. My eyes then went into a glare as anger began to build up inside me. It was then that my hands started glowing which caught the guy who had me off guard. This gave me the oppurtunity i needed. I grabbed his hand with the knife and twisted his wrist as he dropped the knife. I then turned and kicked him in the stomach knocking him on the ground. Optimus saw this and he jumped up and punched a few of the guys in the face as they fell on the ground. They all then got scared and scrambled to their feet as they ran away. Optimus fell back to his knees. I ran over to him sitting down beside him. I placed my hand over his shoulder as it began to heal. He looked at me, "Im sorry Kairi" he said as i finished healing his shoulder. I looked at him as i cradled his face in my hand. I kissed his lips softly before pulling away and looking into his eyes. "You have nothing to apologize for, lets go home" i said helping him to his feet. He wrapped his arm around me as we got back into his truck form. He started his engine as we headed back to the base both of us laying down on the bed in the back of the cab. We stayed their the whole drive back to base snuggled into each other. I softly traced the fresh scar on his shoulder while he laid in my arms. I felt him shiver abit but he continued to keep his eyes closed as he relaxed while he drove us back. I smiled softly as i looked at him. 'How did i ever get by without you' i thought to myself. Meanwhile Megatron rallied a small army to go against us. He was on a mission to capture someone of extreme value, the mate of Optimus Prime.