Energon Keeper

Chapter 14

We must have fallen asleep because when i opened my eyes it was nighttime. The Ocean looked beautiful at night. The moon shimmered on the surface of the water as the stars sparkled in the sky. I looked up at the sky staring at the stars as i sat up. I looked back at Optimus who had fallen back asleep as well. I leaned down and softly kissed lips. He shivered a moment as he slowly opened his eyes looking at me. I smiled at him and he returned the smile. "We may need to head back, they are probably wondering where we went to." I said as i layed down beside him tracing the outline of his muscles on his arm. He shivered at my touch, "Yea, guess we should. I am surprised Ratchet hasnt contacted me yet." he said with a smile. I continued tracing his arm then the outline of his chest as he continued to shiver. He looked at me curiously, "You enjoying yourself?" He asked as he looked from my hand to me. I looked at him and smiled, "Actually yea, it think its funny how your this big tough guy yet i make you shiver with just the touch of my finger" i said with smirk. He chuckled a bit, "Your are evil you know that" he said with a laugh. I looked at him trying to make my best shocked face, "What? Me evil? Thats ubserd!" i said with a giggle as i softly tickled his side watching him jump trying to move away from my hand. "Ok...ok i take it back" he said as he laughed a bit. I giggled and layed my head on his chest listening to his spark humm from me being so close to it. "We need to head back now Kairi" he said stroking my hair softly. "i know, back to business." i said sitting up and looking at him while i rested my chin on his chest. He gave me a smirk and his holoform disappeared making me fall into the sand. I looked up as his true form revved its engine and all i could do was smile. "That was so wrong" i said as i got up out of the sand and brushed the sand off my clothes and walked over and got into his cab. "I owed you that" he said with a smile in his voice as he started to drive. "Yea yea" i said as i touched the steering wheel and he shivered. "See thats how all this got started." he said with a chuckle. He called Ratchet and had him send a ground bridge. When the greenish vortex appeared he drove through it and back into the base. I got out of his cab and he transformed and walked over to Ratchet. "You two were gone an awful long time" he said eyeing Optimus then me. "We fell asleep, the sun was very warm and it made me sleepy. And well he was already tired" i said looking at him. "Well im glad you got your rest Optimus, you needed it." he said as he turned back to his computer. "Im going to finish my work, let me know if you get a reading on and Decepticons or MECH." he said as he went to his room. I watched him leave as i ploped on the couch turning on the video game. I heard the others come into the base and the first person i heard was Miko. "Kairi i wanna play you!!!" she said climbing the stairs to the upper platform and jumping onto the couch next to me grabbing another controler. "Me to!" said Raf as he sat down to. Jack walked up and sat down on the other side of me. I was a bit uncomfortable when Jack sat by me. I had grown up with Jack and he had always been one of my closest friends and i had even had a crush on him at one time. Now that i have feelings for Optimus, i really didnt know how to tell him i wasnt interested in him. Jack looked at me and i gave him a friendly smile as we started the game. We played the game for a while before i got up and headed towards Optimus's room. He hadn't come out of his room since we had got back and i was a bit concerned. I walked into the room and saw him typing away on his computer. I walked over and climbed the stairs onto the upper platform where my cot sat near his berth. I walked over and leaned against the rail and looked at him. He looked so serious as he concentrated on his work. "Hey, is there a day that you dont do work?" i asked with a smile. He turned looking at me and gave me a smile. "I wish there were Kairi." he said as he continued typing. "What are you doing exactly?" i asked him trying to see the screen. He noticed i was trying to see what he was doing so he held his hand out for me to climb on to. I climbed into his hand and he sat me on his shoulder as i sat near his neck and looked at the screen. I saw a lot of symbols i didnt know as i looked at them confused. He smiled at the confused look on my face. "Your gonna learn how to read this one day Kairi." he said softly. I looked at him and smiled, "i hope it will be easier to learn then Algebra" i said shivering a bit remembering how bad i was at math in school. He looked at me a moment. "You are a smart girl Kairi, and a fast learner. It will not be difficult for you." he said. i smiled and snuggled into his neck. I felt him shiver a bit when i touched his neck with my hands. I thought a moment before speaking, "We cant tell anyone else about this right now can we?" i asked tracing a scar i saw on his neck as he shivered. "If you wish not to at the moment, then we will keep it a secret for now" he said as he finished his work. He walked over to his berth and laid down as i stayed on his shoulder. We both fell asleep as the night went on. Meanwhile on the Nemisis, Megatron was getting his troops ready for a battle. He was planing an attack on the autobots and was planning on capturing their most powerful weapon, me.