Energon Keeper

Chapter 18

It was the day after my birthday when i woke up to the sound of Jack, Miko and Raf calling my name. I sat up in the bed in the back of Optimus's cab and looked around wiping my eyes. He was still asleep from what i could tell so i quietly slid out from under his arm and walked to the front of the cab as i opened the door getting out as quiet as possible as i softly closed the door. I ran over to were i heard Jack and the others. Miko almist ran right into me as she skidded to a hault. "Kairi! We were looking for you. How did you like the present i helped Bulk pick out?" she said her eyes wide with anticipation of my reply. "I loved it Miko, thanks" i said with a smile. She bounded in the air with excitment. "I knew you would love it. I just knew it!" she said as she grinned. Raf looked at me with a soft smile. "What about the present me and Bee got you?" he asked. "I have been itchin to play it since i opened it" i said with a grin. He smiled back at me, "Glad you liked it" he said. Jack looked at me and i looked back. I felt sick at my stomach when my eyes met Jacks. He still didnt know that me and him were never gonna be an item and it made me feel horrible at the thought of losing such a good friend. "So...what about our present?" he asked with a smile. "I really liked it. I need to get me a camera to take a picture to put in it" i said with a gentle smile. I had to tell him soon. I couldnt hide my trasnformation forever. I just needed to tell him at the right time, but when is the right time to tell a guy your no longer his species and your dating Optimus Prime? This was gonna be a long week.

I heard something behind me as i turned seeing Optimus tranform as he looked down at us then went over to Ratchet. The look he gave me made it more clear that i needed to tell them and soon. I sighed as i turned to them looking at them in the eyes. "I have something i need to tell you guys" i said my deep blue eyes shimmering as tears threatened to slide down my face. They looked at me a bit worried, "What is it Kairi?" Jack asked as he stepped towards me. I stepped back avoiding his touch. "Follow me to the training room, you will find out there." I said as i walked in the direction of the room. Optimus looked at me. He could sense my saddness from just looking at me and it pulled at his spark. He hated i had to go through this but he knew it had to be done. He stood next to Ratchet as they did some work making sure that their base's sheild was still working properly. I entered the training room and stood in the middle of it. They walked closer to me until i put my hand up telling them to stop. "Ok i may have lied, i have something to show you. Please dont freak out" i said a single tear sliding down my face. They all looked at me with worry in their eyes. I closed my eyes as i transformed into my bot form standing as tall as Bumblebee but as skinny as Arcee. I knelt down to be more level with them. I opened my optics looking at them. Miko was grinning from ear to ear and Raf was looking like he didnt beleive it. Jack just looked shocked that it was me. "Your....your...your a autobot?" he asked finally getting his words out. I nodded as i looked at him. Jack then turned around and walked towards the wall. I transformed back into my human form and ran over to him standing in front of him. "Jack please, i had no control over this" i said pleading with my friend to understand. He stopped and looked at me. "So we were never gonna be together?" he asked. The words cut through me like a knife. I looked into his eyes, "No Jack, I never saw you that way." i said sadly as i looked at him tears starting to fill my eyes. He bit his lip and looked at me before walking off towards the elevator. I sighed as i sat down on the floor tears finally giving in as they slid down my cheeks. He went up the elevator and onto the roof of the base. Miko and Raf walked over to me and looked at me. "Kairi its ok, we will go talk to him" they said as they followed him. I pulled my knees to my chest as i rested my arms on my knees ans placed my face on my arms. I didnt even jump when i felt a hand touch my shoulder. "He is so mad at me" i said into my arms. Optimus lifted my head up and made me look into his eyes his holoforms dark hair falling infront of his face. "He wont stay mad at you for long Kairi, no one can stay mad at you" he said to me trying to make me feel better. I leaned into his chest as i breathed slowly, "You should have seen how he looked at me." i said as fresh tears slid down my face. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer. "Please dont cry Kairi. It hurts me to see you so sad" he said closing his eyes as he kissed the top of my head. I wiped away my tears as i looked up at him my forehead resting on his chin, "Can we go somewhere please?" i asked him softly. He nodded as he stood up and took my hand helping me to my feet. He walked beside me as we approched his truck form as he opened the door for me as i got in and went to the back of the cab and laid down on the bed. He made his holoform dissapper for the moment as he started his engine, "Ratchet please put the coordinates in" he said. Ratchet nodded as the ground bridge came to life and he drove through it. He parked in a familuar grass field as he turned his engine off and made his holoform appear again as he walked to the back of his cab and sat down on the bed beside me. "Kairi" he said as he brushed my hair out of my face. i looked up at him and gave a soft smile. "Thanks, i really needed to get out" i said as i sat up and snuggled into his chest as i closed my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I slowed my breathing as a smile crept on my face. I slid my hand up the back of his shirt as i ran my fingers down his spine. I felt him shiver as he arched his back a bit as if trying to move away from my fingers. He chuckled slightly as he looked down at me, "I see your feeling better" he said still shivering from my touch. I giggled at his reactions and then i pushed him back on the bed and laid beside him as i looked into his eyes. I felt a shiver go through me as i looked into his eyes. I leaned my lips into his as we kissed. I could feel my spark vibrate with pleasure as our lips locked. I felt his vibrating beneath my hand as i pressed it on his chest. I broke the lock as i looked back in his eyes. "I want to be yours forever" i said softly in his ear. He grabbed me and rolled me over as he was now hovering above me his lips inches from mine. "Your sure of your decision?" he asked. I gave him a smile as i leaned up and kissed his lips again. I felt him shiver as we kissed. I leaned back and looked back into his eyes, "Never been more sure of anything in my life" i said as i pushed him off me and i got up and exited the cab. I transformed into my bot mode and looked at him. He transformed and stood up infront of me. I walked over and he picked me up holding me close as we kissed each other again. We found the ground as we laid their locked in each others kiss as be became one with each others sparks.