Chapter 23

HOLOCOUNCIL - Ouro Kronii

"Will you guys consider now? Joining Hololive, that is." Calliope's voice was steep, maintaining a highly formal tone than usual. Her expression smeared full of quiescence. Being a steward in periodical moments, I knew how significant each movement and action meant to an individual. The rest of her team stood out in color and relevance, their defining features shining under the lights of a covertly hidden small coffee shop.

This was no longer a question of 'if' but of 'when'. 

In this group, I took on a more proactive role of warnings and incoming derelictions that befell Earth. I only spoke when necessary or if someone was testing my vocabulary, I'd simply state what was obvious. 

"Girls," Sana rallied our ears to become one. "-don't you all think this is worth a shot? To know more about how the majority of the youth today think and to interact with them in a way these idols can?"

Baelz folded her arms, drinking caramel macchiato from a drinking cap she wore on top of her head. "I'm eternally grateful they played a part in saving us. They already have my approval. The rest is up to you four."

Sana pouted. "Well I'm in! It'd be fun to try it out."

Holomyth looked ecstatic at that response.

Fauna and Mumei were having a brief debate with themselves concerning the benefits and drawbacks. No matter how much they argued, they already knew the path allotted more roses than thorns. 

"I have already read the laws and physics of this world. It would be nice if I can apply them to this business you keep holding in high regard," Mumei said.

"Like what?" Fauna urged Civilization to go on.

"Eh. Too long to explain."

The income, the publicity, and the variety of topics and undertakings they'll face will reshape their knowledge of modern standards. We were pretty much powerful too so it's not like health and diseases were critical issues. 

When they had all finished deliberating, I was the only one left who did not vocalize their feelings about the matter.

"Kronii, what do you think?" Mumei tugged at my sleeve, appearing majestic and fragile.

"I..." 

Out of the five of us, I was probably the only one who couldn't seem to get along with different kinds of people. Being an idol entailed interaction with hundreds of strangers. I had to get along with them too. Long-term wise, I wasn't sure if I could keep that up considering my tendencies. I don't talk for too long like Sana or speak confidently like Baelz and Mumei. Fauna was reserved and gentle but she could speak her mind without making it turn into an argument. Even if she did instigate a heated conversation, she wouldn't raise her tone like I do. I had frequent arguments all the time back then with Baelz and Mumei. 

Most of them could sing too. After leaving the dimension of all-knowing, I sometimes don't even refer to them by their real names and that would cause them to frown a bit. What if I hurt people in this job by being me?

A waving hand was near my face. "Yooo~ Did you forget you have friends?" Mumei asked, slightly irritating me with how close her palm was. "You want me to make the AC colder? I can see your sweat glands protruding."

"I just need a drink," I said. Was this what humans meant when they didn't like change? Inspecting from millions of miles away, I could only hear their cries but never listened to what their dilemma truly was. I was uncomfortable, treading into something I wasn't confident in.