Chapter 19

3rd Person POV

Small trickles of blood sprinkled on the surface of Jupiter, growing larger in size the longer Arlo had been held up in Omegaα's clutches. His body limp and motionless in the air, the heart that used to beat inside him now in the overseer's palms.

The girls glissaded in a spur of rage amongst a world of gas and liquids towards Omegaα, moving abnormally in different directions. It was close to futile even winning against an individual whom guarded them ever since the beginning.

An Arlo on death's door was unthinkable for Sana. She didn't even think that possibility was tangible considering this was an entity that cared not for humanity. To use Arlo for a strategical approach in this colossal battle should've never been something she discarded from her thoughts.

If they were ordinary people, they would rush him to the hospital, slip past any speeding tickets going their way as they drive to the nearest doctor and hope for a miracle Arlo was still breathing. But they were superhuman beings, a species that distinguished cure as almost identical with the humans but it was clear logic differed between the two.

Arlo's heart just got his heart ripped out of him by a powerful being.

This revelation also brought in several more issues. The girls couldn't use their full power when Arlo was right in the middle of their war. Arlo would dissipate from existence completely if they hit him by accident. Sana couldn't just summon meteors or flail her arms uncontrollably in wild violence. She was arguably as big as a googolplex.

The priority had now changed.

Arlo needed to be healed.

"Oh? What is this? You've all stopped attacking?" Omegaα emotionlessly pressed the girls' buttons. "Are you willing to come back now? No..."

Omegaα's glare gave a vehement shiver to the heavens. "You will come back."

Sana, fearing a checkmate going their way, forced her friends to join in on her telepathy.

"Plans? Guys? We're losing Arlo each second," Sana was panicking.

"I could try stopping time shortly and you swoop in as fast as you can to retrieve Arlo but this is Omegaα we're talking about. Restraining him takes a huge toll," Kronii replied. "When I said back then that I was fine we'll cease to exist someday together, I didn't mean for Arlo to put in the towel before us."

"Let's let him have a bite of the golden apple," Fauna hatched an idea.

The Golden Apple could heal any disease, wound, or ruin. Preserved by the forces of both human and nature, it was only ever seen by a select few but no one could savor a bite from this sacred fruit. Similar to the fountain of youth, this was eternally protected by one of its guardians.

Fauna Ceres in the span of 4 billion years protected this fruit.

Mumei nodded her head at Fauna's suggestion. "This is do or die. I understand these are the consequences but I really don't want to leave Arlo and Earth on bad terms,"

"We'll have to heal him. Fast." Baelz didn't see anything else that'd work for a speedy recovery.

Kronii could move time backwards but Omegaα would stop her before she could do such a strenuous move. This was a type of boss that wouldn't let those kinds of techniques happen.

Golden apple it was.

Omegaα's voice released a verbalized shockwave, making quakes all over the constellation Capricornus. "Enough!"