Chapter 16

"That's checkmate," Mumei said, putting her Queen next to the opponent's white King, signaling the end of a long-fought battle.

"I'll never understand chess," Fauna sighed as the girls were curious about what's going on. Only Sana, who was sitting on the couch looking uninterested yawned at the sight. I only had board games in my home for the lack of mainstream video games. 

Today was a morn of leisure. I had no work for the next two days so I could afford chilling with the girls.

"Mumei's been studying like a nerd this whole time about miscellaneous stuff." Baelz said. 

"She studies earnestly, unlike you." Kronii bit. 

"You wanna go, clock woman?" Baelz flicked her wrist, up for a challenge.

I knew they were powerful, enough to cause the end of the world but I was always eager to find out about one thing.

"Hey," I call out to them, enjoying my tea as I sit beside Sana. They immediately turn to face me.

"Wassup Arlo?" Baelz casually responded.

"I'm just curious but who is the strongest among you five?"

Did I ask something blasphemous? An aura of divergence engulfed their bodies one by one upon hearing my question. Their expressions shadowed and replaced with the looks of a seasoned warrior. The living room which had been filled with crack-up jokes and down-to-earth humor by Kronii was destroyed and treated as a deleted pastime.

Have I unintentionally introduced a new level of magnitude for seismic waves? I feel like the house would fly away with how tense the room was.

Sana then spoke up first. "Of course you would be curious Arlo! Power after all is a highly sought gift for mortals!" She put a finger to her lips, appearing uncertain. "If we're talking about overall capability, I seem to have more dexterity than the others. I control the solar system, I can summon black holes and blow the world up if I took off my limiter." 

"My, my~" Fauna stepped in, making me shiver. "How presumptuous of you to admit your power level to be beyond the four of us. But you have also forgotten that I can revive this world from scratch. I would also be immune to your spatial abilities~"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We all know chaos breaks the fundamental rules of the universe. You all may have your own principles but I'll spit on it and smash it all to pieces." Baelz blew a lungful of air. "No matter what you do, I'll always exist. If you fight forever, I'll never die."

Kronii's eyes turned cold-blooded at Baelz. "All of you forget even we have limits." 

Why are their eyes glowing...?

"I'll turn you all back to babies and kill you before you can even say goo-goo gaga."

Mumei held her stomach, holding her laughter. "You guys can compare all you want. I'm just happy I won at chess."

"Uh... guys?" I try to calm them down. The room was turning into a hellish sauna.

"And that is why you're the weakest, Mumei."

Mumei's eyes glowed. "Ho? Last time I checked, even Fauna was having trouble keeping up with my speed. Wouldn't it be fair to say that she's the weakest among us?"

"You cannot make practice and a real battle equivalent dear Civilization," Fauna's face darkened. "But if you'd like a showdown fitting of our abilities, I will not hesitate."

"Respect what you've created, Nature."

"Shall we test our powers now?" 

"Hm..." They were breathing heavily.