THIRTY (Ruby POV)

Começar do início

"Zalir..." I grumble surprised.

"Of course, it had to be you... Didn't your mothers teach you all good manners?" The witch growls furiously and Tamar, Lilith and Aradia, or Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, as Iselen prefers to call them, laugh amused while holding their own bags and suitcases. I can feel my sisters' rage when they hear them giggling, the atmosphere gets thick and the energy swirling around both groups is as hostile as the glares we're shooting at each other. Kanti is the only discordant note, she looks completely bewildered while Lester puts her arm over her shoulders in an instinctive gesture of protection. Tension builds up and the air seems to crackle around us...

Fuck... My sisters are about losing their temper and I can't let them start a fight in the middle of an airport, casting spells in front of normal people that would freak out watching the show... and they'll take pics and videos to post them on their social media accounts. I'm tired and don't feel like spending a night in a cell trying to erase the memories of some police officers forcing them to forget us. On the other hand, teaching these four spoiled brats a lesson is very tempting... Diana Siena's sharp cry startles us all, snapping us back to reality. Louisa walks some steps away, rocking the baby to soothe her, and Zalir and her friends take advantage of the fact that we're paying attention to Diana to walk through the door with firm steps, pushing my shoulder deliberately while I fix my eyes on their backs clenching my jaw angrily.

"Bitches!" I growl quietly.

"You've dropped this..." Iselen kneels down to take something from the floor but the four witches ignore her and get into a taxi not bothering to look back. "It's a plane ticket, it says they're coming from Florida..."

"Well, it's pretty obvious that the sun, the ocean and some mojitos were not enough to sweeten their personalities," Aletta growls angrily, dragging her suitcase through the door. "And they took the last taxi available, I can't believe it... Damn it."

"Don't worry, sister, I'll find taxis for us." Lester smiles patting the blonde Valkyrie's shoulder while Ivy and Elvira try to explain Kanti who Zalir and her friends are and why nobody likes them in this city. I sigh wearily and exasperatedly and my girl puts her arm around my waist, rubbing my side and kissing my cheek. I smile faintly and walk towards the vehicle my brother has found in less than one minute. I love having the best tracker in my coven...

*****

"Oh Goddess, yes..." Iselen growls flopping down on the couch, taking a blanket and hugging Morgan who's very comfortable between her arms and purrs nonstop, happy because we're back home finally. "I'm not moving from this couch this evening, I'll unpack tomorrow before going to the tattoo studio and will answer the emails from the publisher of my book later... Today is the last day of our holiday and I'm enjoying it doing absolutely nothing... Well, maybe I'll make popcorn to watch a movie after dinner."

"Sounds like a good plan," I whisper lying next to her, heaving a satisfied sigh.

"Your mom is a wonderful woman: she brought us Morgan back, gave us a huge lasagne ready to put in the oven, has cleaned the apartment, checked the protective spells around the bedroom and watered Ivy's plants... We should go to visit her soon."

"Yes, I know. I promised her we'd go to her house with the baby to prepare a barbecue in the backyard, she can't wait to meet Diana," I answer putting my arm around her waist and sniffing her nape with curiosity. "You smell heavenly... Have you got a new shower gel?"

"A peach scented shower mousse. Do you like it?" Iselen giggles when she feels my lips tickling her neck skin.

"I could devour you right now, you're the sweetest thing I've ever tried... I'm sorry, babe, I get the impression that I haven't paid you the attention you deserve. This vacation ended up being a mess..."