~Chapter Twenty-Five~

"I think it's best if she doesn't come back, Mary." An old female voice spoke. "She's the reason why this family went into chaos.."

There was a sigh.

"I can't just leave her running around by herself, mother." Mary's voice spoke, stern and serious as usual. "She is my daughter as well."

Someone snorted and the sound of a chair moving against the floor was heard.

"That doesn't mean anything." The old female voice spoke. "She doesn't belong here anymore. If it's true what that mate or hers said, that she is a hybrid, she's a disgrace to our family. Do you know what the townspeople will start saying? All the trash they'll speak about us? 'The Royal family, The Rawcliffs, have found their missing princess but now she is a vampire as well. After all they talked about the Lannisters and the affair the alpha had with a vampire, how he accepted a vampire into his family, and now they have a vampire in theirs?' It'll cause commotion! It'll ruin our reputation, Mary! Is that what you want for us?"

There was a loud slam heard against wood and another sigh.

"If you bring that vampire in here, I will disown you from everything I promised to give you." The old voice spoke with distaste. "It was enough to have you marry that stray wolf knowing his reputation. If you would've stayed with George, your real mate and perfect partner, you wouldn't be going through this."

A low growl was heard but nothing more. A chuckle came from the old lady and the sound of a chair moving was heard again.

"Growl all you want, but you know it's true." The lady said and looked at her daughter with a serious expression. Mary looked at her but leaned back on her chair calmly.

"I did what I had to do. Whatever happened, happened. It's not her fault to pay for my mistakes." Mary spoke in her serious alpha tone. "She is my daughter and she will be coming here, whether you like it or not. Maybe James isn't the best mate you'd want me to be with, but he is my mate and her father. Maybe things aren't that good between us, but that's what I have to deal with and my business."

The lady got close to Mary, close enough to whisper in her ear.

"And don't forget I am your mother, Mary." She spoke in a menacing whisper. "I, next to your father, brought this house up and built our family the way it was built. You may be the alpha, but as long as I am alive, I have the reigns of this pack. Not you."

With that, the lady began walking towards the door, leaving Mary to fume by herself.

He quickly moved to the side and behind a corner. He began walking forward as if he had just happens to walk by. The lady looked up at him and looked at him from head to toe in distaste. He just looked at her and she moved her head to the side.

"By the time I'm dead this family will be filled with filthy people." She spoke in distaste and he couldn't help but snort.

She walked away and didn't hear him when he whispered

'The only filthy person here was born the day of your birth...'