~Chapter Thirteen~

*whispers*

"Did you hear that?"

(...)

*whispers*

"There it goes again..."

(...)

A loud howl could be heard between the silence. The sound of tree branches shaking and birds flying, going insane by the noise, was heard all around the place.

*whispers*

"It's her..." A deep voice spoke and stared into the forest longingly.

"How can you tell?" A stern female voice asked and stared off as well. She blinked and rolled her eyes. "How couldn't you..."

The howls continued. He felt a pull towards the forest as they went on and on. They turned into loud cries that made the ground crumble under their feet.

'Ken...'

"She's calling me." He mumbled and didn't think twice before running off into the forest. He took his shirt off and shifted.

He ran into the woods, answering her call. He ran and ran until the howls got closer. He felt his heart beating fast and a pain on his side. He heard a dog whimper and stop on his tracks. He looked to the left and saw a white wolf looming over another one. They spoke to each other. She snarled and he growled. He observed them and slowly approached.

They kept growling at each other until she got into the car. The white wolf shut the door and walked towards the front. He shifted and dressed up.

He growled and begun walking faster towards them.

'This dude...' he growled to himself and bared his teeth. He began barking as the car revved. But it was too quick and the headlights blinded him. Still, he watched as they left. He lost his chance but he knew that he was close to her... still, having him near her wouldn't make it that easier. He was very powerful as a hybrid and was very dangerous. If he hadn't harmed her, it must've been for a reason. These reasons bothered him in a way because he knew nothing good could come out of it... Still... he needed to be cautious if he didn't want him to harm her... if he did, something similar to what happened many years ago when she got lost could develop and no one wanted that. The Alpha was weak and wasn't ready for another blow. Even if they had enough guardians, they weren't risking it.

'Dammit!' He cursed to himself and let out a low howl. 'So close...'

He turned around and ran back to camp... he would get her soon. He could feel it.