Messenger from the Rising Sun

Start from the beginning

'Illusion magic?' Reinhard thought.

He then tried to walk out of the street but was stopped by a barrier. 

"Shit, a type of barrier magic," Reinhard complained.

"Don't be so hasty, I'm only here for a little chat," A white cloaked figure with a bit of golden design in it, giving off a religious vibe appeared behind him, Reinhard turned around and there is no need an explanation for him as he already knew the design of the person's cloak.

Including an emblem of a Sun Rising in the horizon on his chest bearing the symbol of the famous…

Church of the Rising Sun.

It is a famous Church to the continent, another powerhouse religious faction beside the Theocracy.

The Church of the Rising Sun, a church worships one God by the name of Gleam, the God of the Sun.

The Church of the Rising Sun is also the main church first belonging to both the Empire and the Republic. This church preached human supremacy same as them and was not well-received in non-human territories. In fact, even some human kingdoms did not like it, such as most of the Kingdoms in the Great Isthmus region, example like the Kingdom of of Atira, Jermanian, the Dolasm State, and other nations in the Great Isthmus region which they were constantly trying to reduce the church's influence.

Reinhard, while hated the church, this didn't surprise him but the person in front of him.

"Griffin!" Reinhard jumped to the side with his magic sword held high. 

Seeing the blue-headed action, the hooded figure laughed.

"Come on, old friend, don't call me by my codename, don't you remember my real name?" The figure asked who goes by the name of Griffin.

"The moment you join those damn religious bastards and sign your soul away, I already lost my old friend," Reinhard retorted. 

"Tsk, fool," Griffin removed his hood and revealed his face. A young looking man with fair skin, pointy nose and long red hair, and a clear face like Reinhard.

"Don't worry, I only came here to give you a warning," He said while he rummaged through his cloak. 

Reinhard was not going to fall into any tricks. He knew this man ever since he was a child, but that was before he joined the Church of the Rising Sun and surrendered his soul in exchange for power and youth. 

Reinhard frowned at him and readied himself.

"Here," the man took out a scroll floating in mid air with his telekinesis magic.

"You're not fooling me," Reinhard said.

"It's just a normal scroll you dense knucklehead," The man said, chuckling because he sees Reinhard is the same as he knew.

"And besides, call me by my real name, it makes me sad that you don't call me by my name anymore," The man said.

"You don't deserve to be called by my friend's name," Reinhard said.

"Stubborn," The man moves his finger making the scroll throw on the ground. 

"Read it, it's a warning from Lord Rism," He said. 

Reinhard then reluctantly took the scroll and read its contents. 

"An ultimatum?" Reinhard said.

"Yes, an ultimatum. He has the backing of both the Imperial Government and the Church of the Rising Sun and if you don't surrender, they'll send in an army of 120 thousand to destroy you," The man said.