The Upcoming Storm

A few days after the Dioz-Metal treaty was signed, the Machine Empire had launched their second and a new mark satellite into low-earth orbit but due to the hasty development of said satellite due to Artemis' absence, the satellite was outfitted with a camera not strong enough to capture enough details on the ground. 

This satellite was now being used to track Artemis' whereabouts. 

"There has been signficant developments happening within this region of the continent," Johnathan pointed out at the wide holographic projection in front of them.

The holographic projection resembled a map of the known continent from the Eastern Regions up to the Western regions of the continent. 

The part where Michael pointed at was at the western coast. It was approximately thousand kilometers away from the nearest Machine port that had been constructed. 

"Troop movements, an entire section of wall being blown up by a single attack, a disturbance in the local settlements, I believe that region is bracing for war," Johnathan continued. 

"I also believe it as so. But the satellite we have over the area is telling us that the attack carried out on that specific settlement was done by a single entity. We have no way of confirming who is this entity, yet," Michael explained.

Caitlyn, who was sat in the middle of the room. Stood and walked up close to the hologram.

"Zoom in on this entity," Caitlyn said. 

"We can't zoom in close enough, only until we could see its shadow," Michael said. 

"Just do it," Caitlyn said.

"As you wish," Michael answered.

The holographic projection zoomed in on the entity as much as it could before stopping. 

"A black dress? Or suit?" Caitlyn said.

"Could it be?" Johnathan walked to Caitlyn side. 

Johnathan then pulled out another holographic projection, this time it was the trajectory of the energy signature that belonged to Artemis' kidnapper.

Johnathan then combined the maps.

"It's.." Caitlyn felt a tinge of happiness within her surge. 

"It's highly likely," Johnathan said.

"With this, we can say that the commotion and chaos around this region is because of our own dear Commander," Michael said.

The room then fell silent as the three of them gazed at the entity in the projection. 

"So, why are we just standing here?" Michael said.

"Shouldn't we send out a fleet to retrieve him?" Johnathan continued.

He then walked over to the projection and drew a line from the nearest port they controlled to the proposed landing zone.

"Flying over the continent and straight through the isthmus would present risks. For example, we don't know the attitude of the Empire and the Republic towards us ever since we subjugated 80 percent of the Eastern Region"