Messenger from the Rising Sun

The reconstruction period had begun and many of the peasantry and former families of the nobles who were executed were placed into work. 

The surrounding land around the City of Diadel comprised of a network of little canals that watered the farmlands. The farmlands grew a variety of crops, mainly wheat. 

Artemis had inquired with the local farmers about rice, a type of grain that could be served as a means of feeding more people. 

The farmers, however, weren't aware of any 'rice' or grain that was similar to it. 

Artemis knew about the importance of rice back on Earth, it was a staple of many cultures with large populations, it was healthy, easy to grow, and could be mass produced.

It could be eaten with almost anything, from meat to vegetables. It was the perfect food type in place of grain.

Artemis now needed to 'make' something similar to rice. To do so, he would need to gather plants with awkwardly similar genomes or DNA. 

The nearest of which was corn. Corn was already being planted on one of the fields but it wasn't popular because of its high maintenance and high price which made it only affordable to the wealthy.

As King Wart stayed inside his castle with Pandora as his aide, Artemis set out to carry out 'His' duties outside the city although it was Artemis who was making things happen.

Artemis had all the edicts he had made named to King Wart so that it would appear that he was a wise and benevolent king to the people despite him being withdrawn from public life. 

This would in turn increase his legitimacy, his popularity, and the loyalty of the soldiers.

The City Of Diadel was in need of more people, however. Despite having a population of around 120 thousand, Artemis wanted to expand the city. To do so, he would need to forcefully resettle the villages under the Fortress City's territory. 

He was standing by the sides of one of the fields outside of the City of Diadel in front of the Southern section of the wall that was now being rebuilt. Many men were sent out to the mines to gather as much ore and stone as they could while others were turned into stonemasons, engineers, and craftsmen. 

Those with enough skills were appointed as leaders. Artemis made sure to inspect each division of labor. Artemis was well aware of human nature, there would be times where some workers would be undisciplined or had human emotions that were detrimental to a working environment. 

To counter this, Artemis had Reinhard, Jord, and Toby, his three most trusted aides, to enforce strict disciplinary measures and constant patrols. 

Reinhard, Jord, and Toby were at first reluctant in following all of Artemis' orders. But ever since the executions, the Man in Black was surprisingly cool and collected. 

He was seen as an inspiration to many, his attitude towards his work, his supposedly neverending stamina inspired many workers to work their best. 

Also, the pay they were promised was more than what they were paid before. 

A generous man of power and a wise king. The perfect combination.

While Artemis was dealing with matters outside of the castle, Wart and Pandora were resting inside their residence on the upper floors of the castle.

"Erik is... quite the vassal, huh?" Wart commented. He was standing by the window that faced the northern side of the City of Diadel.

"Have you always known about his abilities?" Pandora asked. She was sitting on one of the couches in Wart's room, sipping from a cup of tea provided to her by the maids.