Messenger from the Rising Sun

Start from the beginning

"No... I stumbled upon him when he was wandering around the lake," Wart said. To be honest he remembers Erik isn't the first strange person to have met him at the lake as a few years ago a group of youngsters fell from the sky with an iron vehicle on his lake, he doesn't know where they are now but he bet they are currently having a good life. "He has done so much in just a few weeks. It frightens me," 

Hearing the Dwarf's words made Pandora couldn't help but smile.

"Yet, he still calls you his master," Pandora said.

"I'm just afraid that someday, he may renounce his allegiance and go against me. I am now a king, my life is in danger. I had no other choice but to accept this responsibility or else I would risk losing him. I don't want to be called a coward," Wart said.

"You are not a coward, you're more of an anxious person, Wart," Pandora said.

"Huh, how can you say so?" Wart asked.

Pandora stood from the couch and walked over to Wart's side and joined him in watching the sight that was below them. 

"I am 400 years old, of course I would know," Pandora said.

"We are old huh?" Wart commented.

"Only from the perspective of the humans, but to Erik? I think he's far older than us," Pandora said. She also began to blush.

"You like him, don't you?" Wart asked.

Hearing his words, Pandora didn't change her expression as she continued to smile.

"I do, but I won't get my hopes up. From what I can see, he is a man who doesn't care about such silly feelings like love," Pandora said, saddened a bit.

Wart leaned over the window. Despite being a small Dwarf with his height being half of Pandora's, the window was still low enough for him to lean over it. 

"After the dust settles, I plan on asking him if he could help me find my family," Wart said.

Pandora looked at Wart.

"I thought they died?" Pandora said.

"That's what I want to believe but maybe, just maybe, they're still out there, crying out for me," Wart said. A single tear fell from his right eye. 

Pandora then gave him some pats on the back.

"Thanks to the both of you, I was given a new life and my friend's life was saved. I would gladly help you in searching for your wife," Pandora said.

"Thank you," Wart said.

A stiff silence took over as they watched their citizens from below. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down on the ground, Reinhard was doing a routine patrol by himself. His magic sword inside his scabbard, his enchanted armor brand was new thanks to Artemis paying the blacksmiths of giving them the metal and mages enchanting it, he felt proud. 

His blue hair that he had pushed back now flowed freely against the wind. Despite being relaxed, he walked the streets with a poker face. 

"You do know that this city and its citizens are doomed?" A voice whispered to his ear. 

Instinctively, Reinhard instantly pulls out his sword and looks around, only to see the empty streets without the trace of life.

He now noticed he was alone on the streets. He concentrated his mana into the sword which glows in a blue hue and looked around.