This is Project: Marauder

Their questions would soon be answered when the smaller crafts increased speed and came crashing down at the barrier

Their questions would soon be answered when the smaller crafts increased speed and came crashing down at the barrier. It was then and there did they realize that the small flying metal abominations were actually meant to explode into a fiery ball of flames as soon as they crashed against the barrier. From total anarchy, the survivors' survival instincts kicked in alongside their fears. They felt no sorrow, no despair, but only fear itself. Fear became the dominant emotion of everyone and nobody inside could even bear to see a single metal object without going mad. Madness spread and it was not long till the survivors had no more will left.

In a last ditch effort to defend themselves, the remaining mages between B to D-rank numbering thirty in total concentration all of their magical power into one single spell.

{Sphere Of Hades}

Having a very low rank and the spell was a Super Tier, they have no choice but to sacrifice their material bodies for more magical power, they allowed themselves to get sucked in into an expanding raven black ball of flames. The raven black ball of flames then began to absorb the rotting corpses in and around the city, completely ignoring the barrier. And as the smaller crafts were expended, the only thing that remained was the giant warship that has the power rivaling to Dragon Lords.

The raven black ball had absorbed everything dead around it and so, it charged at the flying warship. Launching itself at a speed 10 times faster than sound, it looked like a hurling ball of death from hell. It tore through the clouds and met the flying warship.

The ball hit the broadside of the flying elongated hull. The side of which exploded ferociously and sent shock waves that moved the clouds, flattened the fields, snapped branches off of trees and flattened plants. The power could easily killed more than 10 A-rank individuals and one Transcension-level Demigod unless having an artifact, a powerful spell, or a very strong powerful armor with maximum protection enchantments that could defend against it.

Inside the barrier, the people witnessed what had happened and many began to rejoice, thinking that they had delayed their deaths. But the hulking beast was still alive, from the smoke it tore through and revealed its bow.

Despite taking damage to its left, the beast was still flying towards the barrier with a good chunk of it still intact and operational. Panic once again spread.

The scout who was now alone at the top of the tallest tower cowered inside the tower and prayed.

He covered his ears and closed his eyes. His feet folded and his sanity gone, laughter began to escape him. Slowly, everything around him went silent as his ears began to fail and only the sounds of high pitched scream was left for him to hear. His eyes bulged and he laughed like a maniac.

The smoking beast came closer and closer, its shadow now visible to everyone.

An orange light emited in the front of the Warship, ready to shoot the same Rail gun that killed Joan.

Few moments has passed, Project Marauder finally open fired as the beam tore through the air in a speed of Mach 320.

Owen was standing in the middle of the inner city when he saw his death looming.

His final words were:

"That's their battering ram"

The projectile hit the barrier and exploded. Everything within one kilometer from the barrier was flattened and the barrier itself collapsed under such tremendous pressure. The remains of houses and buildings in the city as a whole were toppled. The people inside the barrier were killed in an instant. The shock wave from the blast was more powerful than expected. Clouds were shoved off, the ground shook violently, waves rocked the metal warships and few kilometers of fields were flattened.

The barrier would survived from it but for 3 weeks of the Machine Army's bombardment and Artilleries, it makes the magical barrier weakened, couldn't handle more assaults if it continues.

Michael's plan was concluded. Michael then ordered all division to advance into the city to check. If there were survivors, they were not to interfere with any of them, preferably, they were to be left alone to rot. The divisions emerged from their trenches that of which they built to protect from the blast and they marched. The grand cathedral from where the barrier's power source came from was destabilizing.

Michael, noticing this, told the divisions to halt just outside of the ruined inner city as the grand cathedral collapsed into itself.

"No," Artemis whispered as he watched from afar.

The grand cathedral collapsed into a black hole, a small black hole near microscopic levels, the size of mere 1/4 of a penny.

The black hole then died in a fraction of a second, releasing the energy of a bomb stronger than even the strongest nukes on Earth ever recorded.