"Destroying his apartment was a fair punishment to you?"

"Yeah. He broke my heart, I broke a few things in his place. You don't think that's fair?"

"You said you showed him how much you love him after that; why'd you drug him?"

"...He needs his medicine," I mumbled, turning my gaze onto my hands.

"Medicine?"

"Antidepressants...paralytic pills...he'd hurt himself without them," I mentioned as I remembered how aggressive he would get.

"Cooper, your mother needed paralytic medication. Not Cameron," Bryan said sternly.

I kept silent as I suddenly remembered my mom lying helplessly in her bed. Bryan was right. It was usually her that I gave those drugs to.

"One mistake," I scoffed. "And I'm a criminal."

"You've killed before. Twice."

I sighed and scoffed as the psychology teacher reminded me of my little sister and ex-boyfriend. "Look, Bry, I did what I felt was necessary, and I'll continue to do that," I said as I stood up.

"If you hurt Cameron again," he began, his deep voice sounding twice as low and scarier than usual. "I'll hurt you."

My eyebrows furrowed and I laughed. "I would never. I love him too much."

Giorgi's the one who needs to be careful.

"Leave Giorgi alone, too."

"Haha," I chuckled. "Don't worry. You don't have to pretend that Giorgi means anything to you. Cameron is the main character in this story. Giorgi's just an irrelevant—"

"They're married, Cooper. They're the main characters in this story, and you're—"

"Don't say it!" I snapped.

Bryan rolled his eyes and shook his head as he sighed: "You're gonna have to move on. I'll allow you a week to fuss over their relationship, but if you keep moping around after that, I'll kick you out."

I scoffed and combed through my hair with my fingers. "Bryan, why do you care so much now," I muttered. "Do you really like Cameron?"

"I don't have any romantic feelings for my students."

"And I don't like scrawny crybabies or people that can't keep promises. But Cameron's different. You have a soft spot for him just like me. I know he means more to you than what you're letting on."

"Look, I already told you what he is to me. I won't repeat myself again. I'm going to get ready for work, you should go look for a job. You're not staying here for free."

"You're charging me rent?"

"Four hundred by the end of the month."

"What if I can't make it?"

"Make it." Was all Bryan said.

With that, he stood up and made his way deeper into his house, and I groaned upon hearing his bedroom door close.

I leaned back and scratched my eyebrows. He'll only give me a week to focus on Cameron or he'll kick me out, and he wants $400 rent by the end of the month... Guess I'll have to speed run this shit, then, haha...

I pulled out my phone and searched through my contacts before dialing an old friend.

"Who is this?"

My eyebrows furrowed and I scoffed a laugh. "You answered your phone without knowing who was calling you?"

"Eh—?! Cooper?!"