Chapter 1091 - Chapter 1100

Start from the beginning

Nevertheless, Guo Xuehua and Wang Ma came running out, instantly noticing Lin Ruoxi's absence.

"Yang Chen what are you doing?! What happened?!" Guo Xuehua instinctively questioned.

Yang Chen staggered as he downcased lifted himself back to standing position. "Mom, go back inside."

"What...did I do...I shouldn't have interfered." Guo Xuehua ultimately realized her missteps, turning what seemed to be a homey reunion dinner into the mess that it was now.

Yang Chen sighed. "Deep down, it's clear that there was already a rift between both of us, can't blame it on you."

Wang Ma patted Guo Xuehua on the back as a means of comforting her. With a frown, she then turned towards Yang Chen as she fretted. "Young Master, to think that the Young Miss is out on her own this late at night is quite unsettling."

Yang Chen saw the earnest look on Wang Ma's face and knew instantly that she was expecting himself to bring Lin Ruoxi back.

But Yang Chen was all too certain that his mind was all tangled and muddy, and even if he did find her, he had no idea what to say to her anymore.

Nonetheless, Yang Chen was resolute in attempting to silently catch up to her. After all, he could not bear to just leave her aside.

Dejected, he ditched the car and in an instant dashed into the dark of night.

Amidst a chilly, autumn night, Yang Chen decided it was a decent setting for him as well to clear his head and contemplate what went wrong between the two of them.

Zhonghai's intercity highway at night glittered from the headlights of speeding cars, blinding yet swift, resembling bolts of lightning in the night sky.

Lin Ruoxi in her Bentley was aimlessly speeding along the freeway, amid pin-drop silence she was accompanied only by the sound of roaring winds from the opposite direction.

After what felt like an eternity, Lin Ruoxi steered into the next junction, towards a night market district.

Finding herself in a parking spot in a secluded parking lot, Lin Ruoxi with her handbag slung on her shoulder hopped out of the car and strolled towards the human vicinity.

It might just be from the increasingly cold weather as autumn came to its final legs that even the Malatang vendors were nestled to the corners from the notable lack of business.

A cold autumn breeze lifted a trash bag as it glided and tumbled with the wind.

Lin Ruoxi tightened her collar, feeling chilly when she was sure before that she wouldn't be.

Silently observing the seemingly endless grid of criss-cross buildings, it appeared as if her options for a place to rest were vast. But at that moment, she felt like a stray who had lost her home.

What seemed like a homey dinner felt like ages ago, as she found herself wandering through an empty street.

Before she could fully grasp her whereabouts, Lin Ruoxi's disheartenment led her to a glitzy entrance of a grounded bar, and without much contemplation, she wandered in.

Since young, she was not accustomed to drinking, not to mention her excellent self-control and her pre-eminent dislike for alcohol kept her a safe distance from the world hidden. But this time, she was here hoping the alcohol could numb her broken heart.

Just seconds later, Yang Chen's silhouette emerged from the shadows of the gullies as he subsequently followed.

Under dim lights, hardly anyone batted an eye at a man and woman carrying the same suffocating burden into the scene.