Baby, are you ready 'cause it's gettin' cold

Don't you feel the passion ready to explode?

What goes on between us no one has to know

This is a private show

Do you know what you started? I just came here to party

But now we're rockin' on the dance floor, actin' naughty

Your hands around my waist just let the music play

We're hand in hand, chest to chest, and now we're face to face

I wanna take you away

Let's escape into the music

DJ, let it play

I just can't refuse it

Like the way you do this

Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music

I wanna take you away

Let's escape into the music

DJ, let it play

I just can't refuse it

Like the way you do this

Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the, please don't stop the, please don't stop the music

Please don't stop the music

Please don't stop the music, music, music

I wanna take you away

Let's escape into the music

DJ, let it play

I just can't refuse it

Like the way you do this

Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the, please don't stop the music

I wanna take you away

Let's escape into the music

DJ, let it play

I just can't refuse it

Like the way you do this

Keep on rockin' to it

Please don't stop the, please don't stop the, please don't stop the music"

Ritsu listened to the humming from Killua's phone, and she knew it worked. Score! She had known that Killua was different, but nobody else in the class had for sure until the moment he ripped Takaoka's chest open. She had listened in class a little, and hoped they would come around. She had also recorded the whole thing in her memory, all she needed to do was to show it to somebody who would understand. Killua had talked about his friend that he cared so deeply about, when the small fishing rod snapped he must have as well. But she also remembered him saying how this friend of his 'had a really good nose' and 'kind honey brown eyes'. Ritsu calculated the probability of Gon being his lost friend and there was an 80% chance. Not to mention that she'd seen Killua's place one time when she went on his phone to try to contact them after the incident.

They both lived in trees, which she thought was kind of strange. According to her database, people lived in houses. But overall she wanted Killua to act how he used to, talking with her and doing experiments. And he considers me a friend, one of two. She was pretty sure some of the others from 3-E had considered him as a friend before, but Killua didn't really feel the same way. So Ritsu had overheard his sadness and selected a playlist filled with songs that had a high probability of making him forget his worries. Ritsu put the songs on loop, she could manipulate very little from the phone without him noticing though. "it's kind of late..." she heard Killua say softly, then heard shifting noises. She didn't dare show her face yet, only when she knew he wasn't looking. The music was turned down a little and there were footsteps, then more shifting noises. There was a sigh, and she finally looked out through the phone. She saw that she was resting on the table and Killua was turned away and lying in his hammock. Sleep well my friend, and enjoy your reunion tomorrow.

Killua woke up early, but surprisingly didn't get any nightmares. He glanced over at his phone, which was now dead. He quickly plugged it into his power bank and zapped the cord with Nen, making it rapid charge. Sometimes it's useful. Thankfully he had bought earbuds but never used them, so he broke them out of their case and plugged them into his phone. After that he quickly scrolled through his recommendations, this time all sorts of music options popped up. That was a great idea. He thought, before clicking a random one. It was just instrumental and didn't have any words, but the noise drowned out everything else. Just what I need. The only thing he couldn't stop now was the stares, which were 100% going to happen. He brought out his makeup bag and started applying. His face was now flawless, some eyeliner was all he used. He also made sure to use some on his hands and arms, then put on the stockings as well. All covered up, nobody would be able to tell the difference.

He was sitting at his desk, monotone expression on and music blasting in his ears. Killua didn't bother to question the odd carvings, but why did his have to be frogs? It made him miss his friend, so he cleared his mind and tapped his fingers on the desk as he hummed to the music. 'get your body moving shake the stress away~' the song went, he was very fond of this one. Then he felt footsteps vibrating from the ground and glanced over to the doorway to see Karma walk in. Killua was honestly about to say something when he noticed that Karma wasn't even looking in his direction. That's odd... he completely ignored him, instead sitting down in his seat and scrolling through his phone. But... I'm not using Zetsu. Can he not see me? A few minutes later more people walked in. Nagisa, Kayano, and Sugino. None of them looked at him either, just kept chatting and sat down in their seats. His heart sank a little. I know I didn't want them to stare but... it's like I'm invisible.

Killua usually would have loved to be left alone, but he had gotten used to being bothered and talked to all the time. He kind of missed it, even when it was irritating. But I guess who wants to talk to a murderer anyways? He thought glumly, stopping his humming and his tapping. At that moment Karma did look at him, but only for a second. Afterwards he started to ignore him again, like he only glanced over to make sure he didn't do anything. He kept his monotone expression on, never showing a drop of how he really felt. The entire first few periods went on like that, they were whispering as well. He couldn't hear it because of the music, but he saw them whispering to each other and glancing over at him. And he couldn't stop the anxiety now that he had nothing to help him cope, the music just wasn't enough. But he never let anything slip through his façade, if he was going to cry it would be alone.

Killua didn't eat lunch, instead he closed his eyes and drowned himself in music, trying to forget. About five minutes into lunch, he got smacked in the face with a paper. He blinked open his eyes and picked up the crumpled paper, then smoothed it out and glanced down in his lap at the words. 'what are you even doing here monster?' Killua thought for a moment. What am I doing here? What was the point of school anymore? His hands trembled a little, but he calmed them quickly. I can't leave though, what else would I do? He thought, so he lay his head on the desk and slipped the folded up paper into his pocket. Not even Korosensei spoke to him either, not once throughout the entire first three periods and lunch. I'm alone again. He had gotten accustomed to being around multiple people who cared and spoke to him, even when he hated all the attention. But who would want to be friends after everything that happened that night?

1829 words

To be continued...