𝑀𝑦 𝐹𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒

There stood Aoife in her outfit holding a small dish a smile on her face as she

There stood Aoife in her outfit holding a small dish a smile on her face as she. Walked farther Casita slightly helping in her steps.

"Aoife!" The sisters Ran to her as they looked at the dish.

" What is that?" Julieta questioned as Aoife seemed to beam at their curiosity.

" It's sweet potato cookies!" Placed the dish in the kitchen as she lifted the lid the smell welcoming them.

" they look good!!" The sisters commented as Aoife looked around.

" Where is Bruno?" She questioned slightly swearing she heard his voice as she approached the house.

" Maybe outside we are trying to do the sixth day of Kwanza with you" Pepa hinted making the girl walk outside to, sure enough, see Bruno the area is only lit with small lanterns and a few candles.

" Bruno!" She shouted rushing toward his wacky figure to embrace him in a hug. " I thought you left" she hummed as she buried her face in his chest. He has grown from the short boy she had first met only a few inches shorter she was.

" Aoife" he muttered his hand on the back of her waist and the other on her neck as he held her close.

" How about we start the sixth day!" she cheered out as her face was still buried in his chest making the boy just remove his hand from her waist rubbing her back as she hummed.

" Yes, I think so too."

The sixth day was going amazing how Felix announced his love for Pepa in poetry. He needed Aoife's help.

"That I could go on all day, on how you look

To with who how you portray
I would say others see, but may not say.

Though I've stayed quiet
Unlike them. I would honestly say
I like you today.

More than your looks, though your display you play.

The idea of your laugh makes me want to stay.
To see you more than one day.

I can't delay my feelings today
So by now, I say

I like you"

He spoke his words somewhat slurred afterward giving quick awkward finger guns toward her. While it started to rain Pepa stood up as she ran to him, almost pushing him down almost as she kissed his face all over.

" Oh, Felix!" She muttered as the rain started to smoother.

Next was Julieta she had cooked a generous meal. Big enough to feed the whole village as she feeds the family.

Though Agustín made a simple jar of honey, passing it around as they smothered someone their biscuits last but not least Bruno and Aoife turn "Come on we got this"

She hummed toward Bruno who slightly patted his poncho nodding his head in agreement to what she had said.

They stood before them, the village and their family as Bruno raised his poncho toward his face.

" my name is Hernando! And I have something to tell you something" Bruno spoke his voice completely changing as he stared at Aoife.

" call me Sofia dear, yet what would that be" she questioned her accent coming in heavy as she talked to him.

Bruno quickly rambled in his pockets pulling out something to show a box. Making her face jumble up.

" I want your hand in marriage!" He spoke confidentially as he opened it to show Alma's ring making the girl gasp.

"I'm afraid I have to say no to you Hernando, Your simply not Bruno " she spoke quickly looking at the boy who slightly shook while she started to talk again" I don't want Hernando, I want my Bruno just my Bruno" she spoke as she dropped toward her knees her hand holding his face. " just my Bruno"

" Aoife...will you be my future..?" He spoke slowly not looking at her face scarred.

" Is this Bruno I'm speaking to." She hummed out looking at his slight green eyes.

" Yes..."

" Well Bruno, yes" she quickly kissed him there lips meet, it wasn't a cheek kiss it was THE KISS.

It took Bruno off guard as he clutched the ring box, his other arm around her waist.

Slowly they moved away from the village and the family went wild as Bruno slid the engagement ring on her finger making her explode with happiness.

" I'm keeping my last name just an add-on to yours."

" Oh! I wouldn't want you to forget where you came from"

" Yet I want to know that I'm going with you cause you are my future"