24 ° Tumbleweed.

❝C'MON AND JAM OUT AGAIN IN THIS CITY—THAT ANXIETY'S NEVER ANY FUN!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"YES, THAT'S CORRECT," THE VOICE OVER THE PHONE SAID. "Monaca is hiding away from the rest of the world, planning to keep the will of Junko Enoshima alive. The whole "Demon Hunting" you got yourself wrapped into, the children's paradise we dreamed of... was never going to happen. Perhaps you could say that it was all in vain, then—all the deaths, all the suffering, it was all for nothing."

Komaru's hands felt clammy as she held the phone to her ear with bated breath. She couldn't even muster a response in this state, left speechless as she listened for any further information.

"Though, I truly shouldn't make this about myself. If you plan on breaking in, the route and place itself are heavily guarded by Monokumas, so I suggest you stay cautious. You've made it alive thus far without many casualties, so whatever you've been doing to survive, keep it up."

"Th... Thank you, I guess."

"If we could do anything to help, we would've done so sooner, honestly."

The voice sighed wistfully. "However, in our current state, there's not much we can really do."

She winced.

Yeah—she kind of did destroy those robots, didn't she?

A part of her wished these kids were never in this situation in the first place—that they lived happy, peaceful lives—a life that didn't lead to them meeting Junko Enoshima.

"But, if it's you two..." the voice paused as if stuck in thought. "...You can do it. I know you can."

The confidence and certainty in that comment almost threw her for a loop.

"R— Really? You think we stand a chance?"

"You and Toko Fukawa were the ones who plowed through our plans in the first place, were you not? In the same way, you're partially the reason why we're alive. Even if we must hide away in this hotel room, I know that—to some extent—we're alive today because you never had the intention to kill us. For that, I must thank you. Perhaps we'll see each other soon, Komaru."

It was quiet for a moment, the silence lingering.

The voice took a sharp inhale, then continued to inform Komaru about how she should proceed with this plan.

"Monaca is most likely trying to be Big Si— Junko Enoshima's successor. If she plans to go through with this, I want you to stop her. Just..."

She gripped the phone tightly in anticipation, waiting for what would be said next.

"...please do not hurt her. For all the bad that she's done, she was once my friend... Thank you for listening."