03 ° Orange Red.

❝—ROLLING ROLLING, ROLLING ROLLING, ROUND!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"HEY, NAGISA!" [Name] called, poking her blue-haired classmate with the back of her lead pencil. Her classmate groaned, wanting to bury his face in his hands at her incessant prodding.

"What do you want, [Name]?" He asked, not once looking up from his notebook.

"Why do we have to learn this crap anyway?" She pouted, pointing to her worksheet. "What's the point? It's not like anyone will remember half of this when they grow up... Do I really have to write a poem?! I'm not the best at English anyway..."

"[Name]," he began, his eyes trailing to her blank sheet of paper. "The point of education is to enhance a student's abilities, developing a basis for social independence. Our system puts a heavier emphasis on morals and ethics, unlike schools in the west. There are never wrong or right answers in this world—so, we get the time to talk about the black, white, and gray areas of life. Besides, that's not the point right now. You need to focus on your work, [Name]. That's why my parents allowed this study session in the first place."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Child Prodigy."

"Don't downplay your abilities. You're a prodigy in your own field too, [Name]." He remarked, going back to his work.

"You just haven't found the passion in learning... that's all."

"What passion? In school?" She pressed down on her pencil, watching the tip of the lead snap. "For someone so passionate about getting me to learn and memorize the material, you don't seem passionate about learning at all. You look like you hate it more than anything else, but you endure it for some reason... you should join me on my journey to rebel against the education system, Nagisa! It'll be much more fun doing that then, well, becoming a NEET and studying all the time."

(He always looked so tired at school and even now.)

(Wasn't studying supposed to make him happy or something?)

[Name] put down her pencil, resting her head in her arms. "Plus, you've already finished your work, so go out and play or... something! Shoo, shoo! I'll get my work done eventually."

"[Name]... what's the point of a study session if I'm not here to help you? I'm here to solidify and clarify the course materials you don't understand, especially since you're struggling with English. By understanding the material, you'll be able to achieve better grades. And, no, I won't help you cheat on assignments. That's not the point of school."

"And guess what the point of school is? That's right—a place where you get qualified and tested for your ability to complete tasks, not your ability to learn."

He let out a soft and exasperated sigh, "Unfortunately, that's what the education system is like sometimes. It's insidious to some, yet it allows other diamonds in the rough to shine. We, as students, just have to deal with it."